IXUS 105 / SD1300 IS porting thread - page 77 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS 105 / SD1300 IS porting thread

• 772 Replies

Offline koshy

Re: IXUS 105 / SD1300 IS porting thread
« Reply #760 on: 15 / November / 2019, 12:28:20 »
Advertisements
One more thing, I figured I have a red, let's enable a zebra... Zebra floods half the screen with rubbish when it kicks in, can we fix that?
Try removing these lines from platform/ixus105_sd1300/lib.c:
Code: [Select]
// Y multiplier for cameras with 480 pixel high viewports (CHDK code assumes 240)
int vid_get_viewport_yscale() {
return 2;
}
Did that, problem unchanged.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #761 on: 15 / November / 2019, 13:33:50 »
Adding that function to the a3200 port breaks zebra, exactly like on your picture. Make clean, rebuild and make sure you update diskboot/ps.fi2 on the card.

Offline koshy

« Reply #762 on: 15 / November / 2019, 19:02:18 »
Adding that function to the a3200 port breaks zebra, exactly like on your picture. Make clean, rebuild and make sure you update diskboot/ps.fi2 on the card.
Ok, I was pretty sure I had done it as needed but still; stuff happens. So I downloaded a fresh trunk, built it, copied it on a fresh SD card, it did not have my palette alterations, I put those in and removed this from lib.c cleaned, rebuilt, updated card, platte fixed again, zebra still broken...
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #763 on: 15 / November / 2019, 19:22:07 »
Replacing the viewport width height functions that are currently

int vid_get_viewport_width()
{
    if ((mode_get() & MODE_MASK) == MODE_PLAY)
    {
        return 360;
    }
    extern int _GetVRAMHPixelsSize();
    return _GetVRAMHPixelsSize() >> 1;
}

long vid_get_viewport_height()
{
    if ((mode_get() & MODE_MASK) == MODE_PLAY)
    {
        return 240;
    }
    extern int _GetVRAMVPixelsSize();
    return _GetVRAMVPixelsSize() >> 1;
}

with fixed values as used in the i100 port fixes zebra.

int vid_get_viewport_width()
{
return 360;
}

long vid_get_viewport_height()
{
    return 240;
}

Adverse effects? Anything specific to test?

Note: what srsa_4c indicted to remove stayed out.
« Last Edit: 15 / November / 2019, 19:30:13 by koshy »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #764 on: 20 / November / 2019, 12:01:09 »
Live view via chdkptp, zebra, in various shooting modes and movie resolutions. If there are no significant problems, this could be made official.

Offline koshy

« Reply #765 on: 23 / November / 2019, 07:55:29 »
Live view via chdkptp, zebra, in various shooting modes and movie resolutions. If there are no significant problems, this could be made official.
Thanks I'll try those and will report.

Offline koshy

« Reply #766 on: 05 / December / 2019, 16:16:36 »
Thanks I'll try those and will report.
@srsa_4c finally got around to test this more. CHDKPTP Live view is fine, shooting modes are fine, 640 video is fine - but 320 video has everything at an offset. The palette I quickly established for shooting mode is much closer to CHDK colors and works fine. Play is what it is... Anyway back to the video 320 problem... I said what I did was inspired by what I found on Ixus100 - that is in the lib.c files for the individual FWs. So, I tried that camera. It features 1280 640 and 320 video. The former two are fine. 320 shows the same problem as observed on Ixus 105. I wouldn't be surprised if more ports did...

Offline koshy

« Reply #767 on: 05 / December / 2019, 16:30:53 »
See attached screen shots, literally.

We are looking at a TX1 camera box through an Ixus 100.
We have "EDGE:Live" on as other than a classic zebra it needs no over exposure.

Top image is video 640 and everything else looks like that.
The lower two images are video 320.
You can see how things get squeezed while the hight seems fine. The stuff on the right image half builds up and vanishes and continues that cycle forever.
« Last Edit: 05 / December / 2019, 17:38:09 by koshy »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #768 on: 07 / December / 2019, 13:37:03 »
320 shows the same problem as observed on Ixus 105. I wouldn't be surprised if more ports did...
Yes, it's likely that several ports have issues with some (perhaps less often used) modes, such as 320x240 video and stitch.
If other modes do work on this cam, that's already an improvement.
So, are these your changes:
- removal of vid_get_viewport_yscale()
- vid_get_viewport_width() and vid_get_viewport_height() returning a fixed value
- rec mode palette
?

Offline koshy

« Reply #769 on: 07 / December / 2019, 21:57:21 »
320 shows the same problem as observed on Ixus 105. I wouldn't be surprised if more ports did...
Yes, it's likely that several ports have issues with some (perhaps less often used) modes, such as 320x240 video and stitch.
Ah stitch, didn't even think to try that one :) I fooled around with the width and height and found none fixes 320 video it's probabaly something like the y scaling but with x and only if 320 is active, beyond me to fix without effort.
If other modes do work on this cam, that's already an improvement.
So, are these your changes:
- removal of vid_get_viewport_yscale()
- vid_get_viewport_width() and vid_get_viewport_height() returning a fixed value
- rec mode palette
?
Yes that's a full account of 'em. 360x240 for the dimensions as posted, palette also as posted.