Running CHDK with battery door open - page 3 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Running CHDK with battery door open

• 72 Replies

Offline nafraf

Re: Running CHDK with battery door open
« Reply #20 on: 22 / January / 2014, 12:29:58 »
Advertisements
A patch is attached. includes the sigfinder addition and the found values for all DryOS cameras. If anyone could test it on a DryOS > r47 camera, that would be great. 'A' series cameras may not need this hack (my a3200 and a3400 operate normally with opened battery door).
sx510hs, and a2500 operate normally with opened battery door.

« Reply #21 on: 22 / January / 2014, 15:26:12 »
You're right. Is there an example somewhere?
ixus120_sd940 1.03c  boot.c  for one
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #22 on: 22 / January / 2014, 16:06:00 »
ixus120_sd940 1.03c  boot.c  for one
That delay works for the a470 too (only tried this one), but I don't know why...

Should we collect this information in a table at wikia?

Offline nafraf

« Reply #23 on: 22 / January / 2014, 19:49:19 »
Something like this?
Battery and OOBD columns are not part of source code, then information is read from this csv file
If battery model defined in platform_camera.h, could we have generic implementation of get_vbatt_min() and get_vbatt_max()?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #24 on: 24 / January / 2014, 15:02:16 »
Something like this?
Battery and OOBD columns are not part of source code, then information is read from this csv file
For example. Cameras with the open door _hack_ should have something other than 'yes' in the OOBD column.
If battery model defined in platform_camera.h, could we have generic implementation of get_vbatt_min() and get_vbatt_max()?
I think those voltages might be more or less camera(model) dependent, even on the same type of battery.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #25 on: 24 / January / 2014, 15:32:39 »
For example. Cameras with the open door _hack_ should have something other than 'yes' in the OOBD column.
I agree. Maybe more values are needed:
"Yes": Hack is not required.
"No" : Camera does not operates, hack not implemented
"Hacked": door _hack_ implemented.
"Plug": Camera has external DC plug input (If used, status of door is irrelevant?)

Battery info is complete:  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CameraFeatureTable

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #26 on: 24 / January / 2014, 17:47:39 »
"Plug": Camera has external DC plug input (If used, status of door is irrelevant?)
Based on what two of my cameras do (a470, a460), the location of the external power input doesn't matter, the cam shuts down when the door is opened.
Thanks for the battery type collection btw, I don't remember seeing all that on one page before.

« Reply #27 on: 24 / January / 2014, 18:58:27 »
Hello, now that I finished my DIY (but yet not working  >:() battery dummy today, I am sure I will need this battery open door patch, because I have two cables connected to the dummy, so I can't close the door. I am using the AD-triggering for the camera, discussed here.

Otherwise I will have to put matches into the small sensor nearby the door. I would like to avoid that, it's no nice workaround.

Now would you say that there will be a common solution for that or will I have to adjust some code in my own CHDK? I have no clue about "Sig Finder", don't even know what this is.

Could someone help me, just want to know what amount and which work is coming up for me with this issue...

Thanks!

« Reply #28 on: 24 / January / 2014, 19:53:56 »
Could someone help me, just want to know what amount and which work is coming up for me with this issue...
I'll send you a patch file that will let you identify the bit controlled by the battery door switch.  Once we have that,  the rest is easy.

Update : patch attached.    Will show the three words in the kbd input array in the upper left hand corner of the LCD display.  Observe changing values when you press camera buttons.   Open the battery door and observe what changes.
« Last Edit: 24 / January / 2014, 20:39:02 by waterwingz »

« Reply #29 on: 24 / January / 2014, 21:08:27 »
Battery info is complete:  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CameraFeatureTable
Do you have a preferred method of collecting OOBD information?

FWIW :
A1200 :  no  ( I suspect all of the A series camera using AA cells will be no)
G10 : yes
ixus120_sd940 : yes
SX50hs : no