Problems to set DNG format with SX20 with 1.02b firmware and SD card 8Gb - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Problems to set DNG format with SX20 with 1.02b firmware and SD card 8Gb

• 3 Replies
Advertisements
I have SX20 IS camera with CHDK 1.02b firmware. Following the guide I created badpixel.bin in order to set DNG format. Everything worked perfectly. :D
Since my card had just 2Gb capacity I got a card 8 Gb (class 4). It's clear that with card I must create 2 partions (one small formatted FAT12 or 16 for firmware and one huge formatted FAT32 for pictures). Everything seems to work, expept for DNG.  ??? When i have to Load the scrip file "badpixel. lua (into the folder CHDK/ScriptsTest), I can't see it. It seems it doesn't exist, but I verified it is there. :(
Can anyone help me?
Thanks

Offline SkyWalker9

• SX20 IS (fw 1.02b)
Re: Problems to set DNG format with SX20 with 1.02b firmware and SD card 8Gb
« Reply #1 on: 21 / October / 2010, 18:47:51 »
I have SX20 IS camera with CHDK 1.02b firmware. Following the guide I created badpixel.bin in order to set DNG format. Everything worked perfectly. Since my card had just 2Gb capacity I got a card 8 Gb (class 4).
I'll let someone else work with you on the reason it isn't working on the new card yet, but in the mean time just copy the "badpixel.bin" file from your 2G card to the new card and it will work. The file will be the same for all cards used in the camera that created it using the "badpixel.lua" script.
« Last Edit: 21 / October / 2010, 19:03:37 by SkyWalker9 »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #2 on: 22 / October / 2010, 01:10:47 »
Hello & welcome, gabriele !

When i have to Load the scrip file "badpixel. lua (into the folder CHDK/ScriptsTest), I can't see it. It seems it doesn't exist, but I verified it is there. :(
On a multi partition setup the first (small) partition is only used to start CHDK, only diskboot.bin and ps.fi2 (ps.fir on older cameras) is needed there.

When CHDK is loaded, the 2nd partition is used for all data, i.e. images, movies, CHDK files like scripts, fonts, language files etc.

--> so just copy all files from the CHDK package to the 2nd (big) partition !

« Reply #3 on: 22 / October / 2010, 04:27:47 »
Many many thanks to fe50 and skywalker. Maybe it would enough to copy just badpixel.bin (and badpixel.lua). I copied the whole folder CHDK, and it works perfectly. Thanks again. :D
ciao
Gabriele