A480 remote USB Switch actions - page 2 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

A480 remote USB Switch actions

• 35 Replies
Re: A480 remote USB Switch actions
« Reply #10 on: 08 / November / 2010, 13:48:50 »
Advertisements
Hi Bryce.

I am in the UK as well.

The lockout time ignores pulses for the set time.
It does not specifically ignore a particular number of pulses, it can be any number.

The speaker voltage is surely an AC measurement, not the peak voltage of the pulses ?
Anyway, it triggers the camera.

I will have to check the code, I have to finish something I am making first.

It will be later this evening.

David

« Reply #11 on: 08 / November / 2010, 16:15:23 »
Thanks David much appreciated

Bryce

« Reply #12 on: 09 / November / 2010, 08:35:24 »
Is this how it is supposed to work?

No.

Send me a personal message with a suitable email address so that I can send you debug builds.

David

« Reply #13 on: 09 / November / 2010, 11:13:37 »
OK, got it.

Will send build in next  fifteen minutes.

Rename DISKBOOT.BIN.

David

« Reply #14 on: 09 / November / 2010, 16:12:04 »
Got it David and opened and renamed it DISKBOOT.BIN. Renamed and replaced the 1.84 version of diskboot and got the following results.
Set focus mode to Manual left USB lockout at 0 , pressed wireless remote.... took 3 shots.
Left Focus mode set and set USB lockout to 1 this took one shot and could not be retriggered till 1 sec after my visual check led went out. Changed lockout to 5 , took one shot locked out the remote till 5 secs after the led went out.

I think there is nothing wrong with your program.

I feel that the signal I am using stays high for 4/5 seonds with lockout set to 0 the camera takes 3 sometimes 4 shots. IE every time the software checks for USB high it finds it is so shots again!

When the lockout is set anything > 0 this prvents re-triggering BUT the signal is still high and pressing the remote whilst the LED is on also does nothing.

I am begining to think that I need to make a wireless device with high signal which lasts much less than the shot cycle time ie ___---___ instead of what I have now __---------------------------------__

What do you think

Bryce

« Reply #15 on: 09 / November / 2010, 16:20:33 »
Thanks David got it and opened and renamed it DISKBOOT.BIN.

Replaced the 1.84 version of diskboot and got the following results.

Set focus mode to Manual left USB lockout at 0 , pressed wireless remote.... took 3 sometimes 4 shots.

Left Focus mode set and set USB lockout to 1 this took one shot and could not be retriggered till 1 sec after my visual check led went out. Changed lockout to 5 , took one shot locked out the remote till 5 secs after the led went out.

I feel that the signal I am using stays high for 4/5 seonds so with lockout set to 0 the camera takes 3 sometimes 4 shots. IE every time the software checks for USB high it finds it is so shoots again!

When the lockout is set to anything > 0 this prvents re-triggering BUT the signal is still high and pressing the remote whilst the LED is on also does nothing. It seems to be only when the falling edge drops to 0 that the lockout time starts.

I am begining to think that I need to make a wireless device with high signal which lasts much less than the shot cycle time ie ___---___ instead of what I have now __---------------------------------__

What do you think

Bryce

(I do not have a scope so it is impossible to check the actual waveform)

« Reply #16 on: 09 / November / 2010, 16:45:07 »

I tested by setting lockout to five seconds and just continually pressed-and-released the remote switch.
It fired on the first press and then again on the first press after five seconds.

I am begining to think that I need to make a wireless device with high signal which lasts much less than the shot cycle time

The high/low pulse only needs to last tens of milliseconds.

David

« Reply #17 on: 09 / November / 2010, 17:06:10 »
I think that is the answer I will look at another method of wireless triggering. I will need to look again anway as I have 2 x  A480's and the 3.45 volts only works on one of them, the other is closer to 4.5V for reliable triggering.

Thanks for all your help, oh one thing should I go back to the stable 1.84 version of SDM?

Bryce

« Reply #18 on: 09 / November / 2010, 17:39:26 »
should I go back to the stable 1.84 version of SDM?

No, because pulse lock-out is incorrect.

Keep us informed of your progress.

David

« Reply #19 on: 12 / November / 2010, 12:27:35 »
Hi David, modified a TEVION HDMI switch as a wireless (IR) remote. Pulse is very short and remote now works on both cameras only firing once. There is no need for the USB lock out however I set it to 5 secs and camera was not ready to re-shoot until 5 secs had passed so all seems to be well. I also noticed that the flash needs to be off for this to work, leaving the flash on needs the remote to be pressed twice once to set up and once to shoot.

I just need to fit it all into a box (currently a birds nest!)

FYI I removed one of the channel indicating LEDS on the HDMI unit and used this signal (which I had to invert using a schmitt trigger invertor) to drive the usb. The only other thing I had to do was route in two power supply lines as this unit is powerd by the 5V on the HDMI connectors. There are in fact three channels so I guess you could control 3 seperate SDM systems with the one remote.

Thanks again for your help

Bryce