CHDK in playback mode? - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum

CHDK in playback mode?

• 4 Replies
CHDK in playback mode?
« on: 05 / November / 2010, 12:38:40 »
Advertisements
Can CHDK be made to influence playback features? I was thinking it would be cool to be able to preview time-lapse sequences using the slideshow function. But the fastest playback speed (on my SX10is) is 1 frame every 3 seconds....not nearly fast enough.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: CHDK in playback mode?
« Reply #1 on: 05 / November / 2010, 13:04:16 »
Button presses can be simulated. You can start by writing a script that keeps pressing the button that loads the next image...the script console OSD may overlay the image but you should be able to remove it by modifying CHDK source code.

But you can't make Canon's JPEG decoder work faster than it does, meaning your frame rate won't be astonishingly good no matter what you do.

« Reply #2 on: 05 / November / 2010, 17:29:03 »
But you can't make Canon's JPEG decoder work faster than it does, meaning your frame rate won't be astonishingly good no matter what you do.

Yes, I was guessing there might be a limit to how fast the images can be displayed. And I noticed when manually clicking through the sequence rapidly that the resolution is greatly degraded.....maybe the image is not completely drawn before the next one starts? So it's probably not worth pursuing.

« Reply #3 on: 05 / November / 2010, 21:18:03 »
Playing around with slideshow some more, I've found that holding down (rather than rapidly tapping) the forward or reverse buttons advances the frames fast enough (~10/sec.) for a good time lapse preview. Slightly degraded resolution but good enough for the small screen. So a script might be feasible, but it's not really necessary.

I've been trying out the software and a few of the scripts over the last few days.....CHDK rocks!

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #4 on: 06 / November / 2010, 07:16:05 »
...the script console OSD may overlay the image but you should be able to remove it by modifying CHDK source code.
There's no need to modify the sources, you can use the set_console commands for this,
--> http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_firmware_usage/MoreBest#set_console_layout & following  :)