Hacking Digic I - specifically for the GREAT PRO1 - Possible? - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Hacking Digic I - specifically for the GREAT PRO1 - Possible?

• 3 Replies
Hacking Digic I - specifically for the GREAT PRO1 - Possible?
« on: 20 / February / 2008, 04:40:13 »
Advertisements
Greetings this is my 1st post, so please be kind ;-)

I know that this excellent community is mostly focussing on the newer cameras, that use the Digic II & III chips.

Is it at least in theory possible to enhance the Firmware on slightly older cameras though. 
I'm thinking on the SUPERB & UNIQUE PRO1 - the ONLY hybrid that Canon produced with an 'L' series lens.  Has a decent optical zoom & IS 8MP so not to shabby. - Even Canon's 'only' firmware upgrade, improved focus time etc by over 50%, thus making it almost like a new camera!

However there are many possible options I'm sure that could transform the cameras abilities even further & make it truely great.  But before even considering it,  it would need one of the 'Experts' here to at least say whether significant hacking & evolving of the firmware on the PRO1 'is' possible.  Otherwise all this is mute.

Look forward to your answers.

Hypersonic
« Last Edit: 20 / February / 2008, 04:47:09 by hypersonic »

Re: Hacking Digic I - specifically for the GREAT PRO1 - Possible?
« Reply #1 on: 20 / February / 2008, 05:22:12 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:38:25 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #2 on: 20 / February / 2008, 06:51:44 »
Can a Moderator move my post to the correct forum please.
Many thanks

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #3 on: 20 / February / 2008, 07:04:55 »
i'd recommend reading this thread: Why No CHDK for DIGIC (first generation)?
i guess chdk on digic I is a nogo :(