SD940 (IXUS120) porting thread - page 55 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SD940 (IXUS120) porting thread

• 542 Replies
Re: SD940 (IXUS120) porting thread
« Reply #540 on: 13 / May / 2013, 18:36:35 »
Advertisements
On the forum, this has been written and it applies to me.... looks like the 30 steps are going to be needed!! If the below has been fixed please let me know!
To save me some searching,  can you please a link to where you got the quote?

I proceeded with the SDMinste program and successfully navigated through the steps to the end, and have successfully made it so the camera boots on then loads the firmware. However it says the memory card is full.
What I don't understand, is that the final state of the partitions is that the main partition (FAT16) is only 2mb. It seems like I am half way there. The partitions have been created correctly. But the camera for some reason doesn't want to write to the main FAT32 partition.
If you've done things correctly,  you should end up with a primary partition formatted as FAT16 of about 2MB.   You should also have a second partition formatted as FAT32 that uses up the rest of the card (7.999 GB).  If CHDK does not see a correctly partitioned SD Card,  it will just boot from the first small partition and not switch to the larger partition after booting.  Which is what the "Card Full" error is telling you - its running from the first partition and thus has no space to save pictures.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #541 on: 21 / October / 2014, 12:58:44 »
Hi there,

Might be a bit slow to awaken a sleepy thread but I need help and hopefully someone will be able to share their knowledge.

I have succesfully managed to install CHDK on the IXUS 120 IS. But there is a problem. All RAW-photos comes out with pretty bad distortion, is there a way to fix this in Camera or will I have to resort to Photoshop? :(

Carl

« Reply #542 on: 21 / October / 2014, 13:04:25 »
I have succesfully managed to install CHDK on the IXUS 120 IS. But there is a problem. All RAW-photos comes out with pretty bad distortion, is there a way to fix this in Camera or will I have to resort to Photoshop? :(
There are probably a few things you need to review :
link> CHDK Wiki Page about RAW
link> CHDK Forum thread on RAW
link> CHDK Wiki Page about Raw Software
link> CHDK Forum Board for RAW
link> How do you fix lens distortion with CHDK RAW files?
link> msl’s collection of lens profiles for adobe products
link> Decoding CHDK RAW images from a new cameras
link> rawconvert utility to allow manipulation of CHDK RAW files
link> DNG4PS-2 utility to convert CHDK RAW images to DNG format

tl;dr : what you are seeing is exactly what the sensor sees - an image created by a lens that contains all kinds of compromises - especially at wide angle settings.  There is currently no way way to fix that in the camera with CHDK so you will have to post process using Photoshop or the equivalent
« Last Edit: 21 / October / 2014, 13:40:05 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16