SX30 IS Release - available on the autobuild server - page 14 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

SX30 IS Release - available on the autobuild server

• 282 Replies
Re: SX30 IS beta release
« Reply #130 on: 24 / January / 2011, 20:48:08 »
Advertisements
The +/- is at the top of the dial. 

« Reply #131 on: 31 / January / 2011, 09:32:52 »
hi
i successfully loaded the latest chdk on my sx30. Now ive got some issues on it. everytime im on chdk setting my lcd screen just go blank,then restore if i long press the print button. another thing when i run the lightning script, at first it works fine but when i iinterrupt it, my camera halts and shuts down without the lens retracting. and i cannot activate other scripts after that,so what i did, i delete the script to return to default.bas.

« Reply #132 on: 04 / February / 2011, 00:13:48 »
I have a 16 g sd card and i have it installed with autoboot.  If you still need help doing this, just let me know.

Also, for the User menu edit mode, once it is in edit mode, know that the button to use to add menus is the delete button (the one with the trash icone on the right side of the back panel

I have yet to test the scripts.   Seems interesting.

I boght a 12$ external flash (cy-20) on ebay and it works with the sx30.  Incredibely, it can be directed to the celling for bounced flashing.

I have yet to create myself a trigger (too bad that there are none for sale out there)

I find it easer to use the flash button on the left side of the camera instead of the shortcut button.

I would love to only shoot in raw (dng) without having to save the jpg for nothing..  This would probably get the burst shot faster.  BTW: when all options are turned off and that you check the use cache for Raw option, i manage to have a faster burst..  i would say close to 1 fps perhaps faster (have yet to mesure)

« Reply #133 on: 05 / February / 2011, 15:49:07 »
Hi. I'm new here. I'm using chdk version 1.00H for my SX30IS.
I have no problems, except that when I use the long shutter exposure mode, the raw file isn't saved. If I take a picture right after(or before) the long exposure one, the raw file is saved. What could it be? Thanks.

« Reply #134 on: 06 / February / 2011, 12:47:04 »
I also have noticed this problem.  But what is weird that it is not always!  For example, I am processing now several shots I took when I was in a trip.  I was surprised to see that not all long exposure shots have been saves as DNG!!! I have some of them, but not all of them! any idea?

« Reply #135 on: 06 / February / 2011, 14:55:08 »
I am no expert, but if i were you, I would verify a few setting in the chdk menu

within the raw section, check the exeption page to see if some of your shots would fall within the exeption..  i think that video filming is the exeption by default..

also, in the raw section, there is the setting shooting 1 raw in a sequence only..  which means that while shooting a burst, only the first will be a raw (therefore, dng).

« Reply #136 on: 07 / February / 2011, 14:15:08 »
hi,

sorry about posting my question here but still in this topic are there the most people using sx30.
so my question: should i buy a sandisk extreme iii or ultra ii? would i notice some difference in continous shooting / interval shooting? their nominal (read) speed ratings are 30 and 15mb/s respectively - i know only the write speed of ultra ii, its 9mb/s, i guess extreme iii is about the double. extreme iii costs about twice as much.
or asking the same the other way around: is the bottleneck the camera or the card in this speed range?

thanks,
galocza

« Reply #137 on: 07 / February / 2011, 15:22:32 »
I am no expert, but if i were you, I would verify a few setting in the chdk menu

within the raw section, check the exeption page to see if some of your shots would fall within the exeption..  i think that video filming is the exeption by default..

also, in the raw section, there is the setting shooting 1 raw in a sequence only..  which means that while shooting a burst, only the first will be a raw (therefore, dng).

Thanks for the reply. I will check it when I get home. But, I was not using either (burst mode or video). But, you could be on to something here... Will let you know.

« Reply #138 on: 07 / February / 2011, 16:53:15 »
I checked these settings, and the shooting 1 raw in a sequence is not selected, nor is any exception(only video).
Something else happening: the 1st raw is always saved in a folder 2000 - 01 - 01. The following raws go to the correct folder.
« Last Edit: 08 / February / 2011, 18:36:23 by FauAg »

« Reply #139 on: 11 / February / 2011, 20:42:23 »
might be a memory related issue.  Have  you tried by selecting the `cache option`?  I don't have my camera near by but I recall there is a setting (i think within the raw folder) that offers you to use a cache for saving the raw.  to what i have understood from my reading that setting helps with the speed of recording...therefore, it has an influence on the memory usage when saving a picture.  I could only imagine that a long shutter exposure means saving lots of data. 

if that does not work, i also read something about using 2 caches on the sx30.. but don't know about it and did not try the 2nd cache.

also, you could try a faster sd card to see if the issue is stiill occuring.. perhaps you card is not fast enough to keep on recording and just aborts the operation???