Full Remote Control via USB - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum

Full Remote Control via USB

• 3 Replies
Full Remote Control via USB
« on: 23 / December / 2010, 09:15:37 »
Advertisements
Canon has stoped suporting the SDK's for thier new consumer point and shoot Cameras.

I am looking for a Computer controled USB connection to the newer cameras that dont support SDK that will allow full control over the camera parameters.

Is there any work on CHDK that will support this on both the Camera side and an SDK (driver) for a computer running windows?

Are thier any other Consumer Cameras (Non SLR) that support a remote SDK?

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: Full Remote Control via USB
« Reply #1 on: 23 / December / 2010, 11:13:40 »
Look for PTP on the forum and the wiki. It's all still very experimental and mostly (and most) useful for developers, but it does work on some cameras already.

It's highly likely that CHDK will/can never provide any kind of support for Canon's Windows SDK, though, only with specialized applications aware of the CHDK PTP interface.

Offline hwntw

PTP: Full Remote Control via USB
« Reply #2 on: 30 / December / 2010, 12:35:43 »
Hello,
I recently found a useful reference for USB/camera communication at http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/canon/index.html. I have not seen it mentioned before on the forums.
(BTW, I cannot seem to sort forum search results by date, any longer?)

Hwntw
« Last Edit: 30 / December / 2010, 14:04:30 by hwntw »
Ixus 300HS S100

Windows 10

Offline reyalp

Re: Full Remote Control via USB
« Reply #3 on: 30 / December / 2010, 16:08:59 »
Hello,
I recently found a useful reference for USB/camera communication at http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/canon/index.html. I have not seen it mentioned before on the forums.
(BTW, I cannot seem to sort forum search results by date, any longer?)

Hwntw
That looks interesting, but appears to cover Digic I and older cameras, which AFAIK did not use PTP, so it's unlikely to be much use with newer cameras.
Don't forget what the H stands for.