500d development - page 127 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

500d development

• 2487 Replies

Offline Jamez

Re: 500d development
« Reply #1260 on: 27 / May / 2011, 08:30:50 »
Advertisements
yep :)
Thats usually the way in software development, a select few get it before the rest, usually those that have actively worked on the project in some way, and dont just criticise it. You can compile the code on bitbucket if you want, its all there but its more buggy than the last release.
Canon Kiss x3 Owner running...
Magic Lantern for 500D/T1i/Kiss X3
Canon EOS 500D/T1i - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki

« Reply #1261 on: 27 / May / 2011, 08:57:58 »
Criticize?  It's called Testing!  

Something we will need to do,  sometime in the future.  Let's all try to keep our feelings out of the development process OK?  Coutts is on board with that!

My code has branched off from Coutts efforts, if anyone wants a stable build where the Intervalometer actually works, instead of a pretty menu.  Sorry Jamez I couldn't wait anymore!

Another cool feature I've implemented is Silent Picture 5-10x zoom without any lines in the middle.  Even during panning. Need a descriptive name for this anyone?  Superzoom?  Spyzoom?  Magic Telephoto?

I've been focusing my testing efforts on a specific issue because you keep saying you fixed it here in the forum.  I got tired of going in circles and fixed it myself instead.  I've been hoping we can integrate our code development and our efforts, but it looks like this will be impossible without cooperation.

Here is an example of what is possible with a working Intervalometer and a short interval.
https://sites.google.com/site/myvid33/clouds
« Last Edit: 27 / May / 2011, 10:00:39 by sbright33 »

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1262 on: 27 / May / 2011, 09:23:57 »
Why not posting a link to your bitbucket clone, or a patch?

« Reply #1263 on: 27 / May / 2011, 09:38:12 »
I don't feel the need to use Bitbucket, since it appears I'm going to be working alone anyway.  How do I make my build into a patch?  Your code has changed so much since I've started.  I know how the process is supposed to work in theory, at my job for example, but it requires communication when there is more than one developer.

Offline Jamez

« Reply #1264 on: 27 / May / 2011, 09:54:00 »
LOL that made me laugh Steve, Alex has communicated pretty much every single colon hes coded, your clearly looking in the wrong place.

And whilst im here a very fundamental basic approach that any so called project manager studies is error reporting.
At the very least any novice  (let alone an "expert" like yourself) knows that you need to report the following..
1) What build version you tested
2) How to replicate the error.
As you have failed to do even this, I suggest you take your own advice!

PS if you care to look theres at least half a dozen or more new features in that "pretty menu".
Display profiles, more debugging options, new cropmark options, exposure simulation, Motion Detect, Buffer warning level, ability to force liveview, ghost image, and split screen for just a start.
Canon Kiss x3 Owner running...
Magic Lantern for 500D/T1i/Kiss X3
Canon EOS 500D/T1i - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki

« Reply #1265 on: 27 / May / 2011, 10:05:06 »
The problem occurs in all builds I have tested.  I specifically stated that repeatedly.  Anyone can replicate the error.  Start by resetting the Canon Menu's and deleting the ML config.  Any questions about that bug, please just ask politely.  The process to replicate that error is simple.  Just attempt to use the feature with a short interval less than 10 seconds.  It happens every time.  It's not hard to replicate.  Why do you choose to be so difficult during this process?

Alex has been great!  I meant communication with you.  You are the one who is "Porting" into our Bitbucket almost daily, while ignoring the real issues multiple users have verified.
« Last Edit: 27 / May / 2011, 10:08:32 by sbright33 »

« Reply #1266 on: 27 / May / 2011, 10:06:13 »
It smells an awful lot like there's a troll among us...
Canon EOS Rebel T1i
Canon 18-55 kit lens
Zenitar M2S 2/50mm

Flickr

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #1267 on: 27 / May / 2011, 10:10:07 »
I don't see the big deal here. If sbright wants to make his own branch, let him. It's an open source project, anybody can work on it and do with it what they please.

If however you are now starting your own branch, I will ask that you refrain from posting here any further as your input is no longer relevant to the "official" 500d ML project. If you want to continue to test my builds, feel free, but please do a better job of summarizing posts. I'd prefer to keep this as a development thread as the title suggests.

With that out of the way, I'm going to start working out some bugs today. AJ got back to me about fake_simple_button but i am still unsure what I'm going to end up doing. For now I'll fix what I can, and hopefully in due time as I continue to learn more, I will be able to fix more.

2 months ago I couldn't even setup a compiler :P
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #1268 on: 27 / May / 2011, 10:15:33 »
The problem occurs in all builds I have tested.  I specifically stated that repeatedly.  Anyone can replicate the error.  Start by resetting the Canon Menu's and deleting the ML config.  Any questions about that bug, please just ask politely.  The process to replicate that error is simple.  Just attempt to use the feature with a short interval less than 10 seconds.  It happens every time.  It's not hard to replicate.  Why do you choose to be so difficult during this process?

Alex has been great!  I meant communication with you.  You are the one who is "Porting" into our Bitbucket almost daily, while ignoring the real issues multiple users have verified.
I am the only one who has committed to the bitbucket in the past 2 months, and to be honest, i find it offensive that you are attacking me, telling me that you aren't happy with the hundreds (probably close to 1000 if not more) hours I have put into this. In the past 3 days alone I've put over 25 hours into it. If you aren't' happy, take your business elsewhere. If you aren't happy with the progress, feel free to contribute. You've done nothing but report issues and claim you have been fixing them, but we have yet to see any source.

The least of my worries at this point are the smaller features, there are bigger things that need to be fixed related to the overall stability of magic lantern.

I'm growing tired of this, and to the best of my knowledge you already don't have the best reputation in the magic lantern community outside of the 500d. I suggest you stop now before proceeding any further.
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1269 on: 27 / May / 2011, 10:24:17 »
A developer making his own fork doesn't mean he works separately; anyone can make forks just for the purpose of sharing his changes. Whenever he makes something interesting, he may send pull requests.

Let these be your friends:
hg clone <repo>
hg pull <repo>
hg commit -m "I did this and that"
hg push
hg diff > my.patch
« Last Edit: 27 / May / 2011, 10:28:03 by a1ex »