500d development - page 3 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum

500d development

• 2487 Replies
Re: 500d development
« Reply #20 on: 31 / January / 2011, 04:08:24 »
Advertisements
Just followed the steps for the mic input hack and it worked well...didn't realize the audio is mono though. ;)

« Reply #21 on: 31 / January / 2011, 17:26:39 »
thats pretty cool. Think I'll just get the H4n for the stereo recording. Seen it goin pretty cheap now as well. Hey chuchin, any news on the hack. We're all following with baited breath. Had really given up hope of this hack happening so I've been glued to this forum daily for any updates.

chuchin

« Reply #22 on: 01 / February / 2011, 16:15:43 »
barbar84, all my bin lately have been crashing my camera. I have also been waiting for some form of hack for the 500d. Nobody seem to want to make one so I decided to try to port magic lantern myself. I have no programming skills. I don't know c, perl, gcc, python. I google everything and find out how to do it. Don't let this discourage you I'm porting the hack not writing it. Thank you arm Indy for the file you send me it's really helping me out and also A1ex for all the great hacks which is the reason I what magic lantern in my 500d.

alins

« Reply #23 on: 01 / February / 2011, 17:04:41 »
is there any chance you can submit whatever changes you have done into magic lantern 500d branch?.

it seems to me that you have managed to actually make some progress (for which you have my deep appreciation) and who knows, maybe somebody out there can help move the whole thing forward in the sense that maybe we can figure out why the latest bin is crashing the camera.

« Reply #24 on: 01 / February / 2011, 19:58:10 »
what features are exactly implemented in this build of magic lantern for the T1i? Does it has the same features as the 5D Mark II build? (such as control over aperture, ISO, Shutter speed)

And thank you soo much chuchin for your efforts and taking the initiative. 

« Reply #25 on: 02 / February / 2011, 03:50:22 »
I've been using the t1i 1.1.0-ml-0.1.9 that Chuchin put up and haven't had any problems, battery drains if you don't remove after shutdown though...a little sad such a small group of us are working on something that many I'm sure will benefit from.
« Last Edit: 02 / February / 2011, 03:52:30 by pat_loonytoon »

alins

« Reply #26 on: 02 / February / 2011, 10:35:53 »
you mean it DOES work?. you can navigate the menus and actually use ML?

damn,  i have to try it myself

alins

« Reply #27 on: 02 / February / 2011, 10:47:52 »
apologies, i seem to be slow today: where can one find "t1i 1.1.0-ml-0.1.9 that Chuchin put up"?

« Reply #28 on: 02 / February / 2011, 12:34:44 »
Well it does what he said it would- Set boot flag, have some visual display of f-stops, aperture, Iso on the bottom. Also audio meter in video mode (not working yet but visible)  Hope I didn't excite you too much  :-[

Also, He posted at the beginning of the thread the link to the fir.

« Reply #29 on: 02 / February / 2011, 13:09:39 »
is there any chance you can submit whatever changes you have done into magic lantern 500d branch?.

it seems to me that you have managed to actually make some progress (for which you have my deep appreciation) and who knows, maybe somebody out there can help move the whole thing forward in the sense that maybe we can figure out why the latest bin is crashing the camera.

Yeah I agree with alins in that chuchin if you keep your latest progress online somewhere then we can work on some features as well. It would help to delegate out some work so you aren't carrying the brunt of the T1i community ;)