First, thanks to fe50 for prior help with getting CHDK onto a G11 camera.
I now am trying to prepare SD card per CardTricks with results as follows. My comments in red along with original instructions:
1. If you are using an external card reader, connect it to the computer.
2. Put the SD card in the card reader.
3. Open My Computer and verify that the card is visible. It will show up as a removable device. Put the mouse pointer over the icon, and see if the size matches your SD card's size. (I am using Windows XPP and need to right click to get info, not just hover. The info is correct, 1.89GB. I can also drag and drop to the card and delete contents, indicating that the interface is operating properly.)
If not, check your card reader installation procedure. Don't go any further until you are sure you have this reader working and your card accessed.
4. Download CardTricks from the Card Tricks thread and save it to your computer. Double-click on the exe file and click Extract.
5. Once downloaded, open the exe file.All above steps OK.However, cannot perform any of following steps because a new window appears "Browse for Folder" which requests "Select your SD card drive." (CardTricks v. 1.44 Window appears dimmed in background.) I do select the proper drive and click on OK but the window immediately reappears. Cannot "cancel" the window or close it out. Have to go to Task Manager to end the program.
6. Check the Auto box above the image of an SD card/SD stamp. (See screenshot at right.)
7. Click the SD card image/SD stamp (below the Auto box) and select the card.
etc.Must be missing something else, but getting closer at least!
Thanks for any assistance.
Just occurred to me, my browser is Firefox. Is that a problem?