Script "routines" for building scripts. - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Script "routines" for building scripts.

• 6 Replies
Script "routines" for building scripts.
« on: 09 / January / 2011, 15:40:16 »
Advertisements
I have perused this forum for a little while and have used some scripts from here. But for the most part the scripts are very "SET" toward a single purpose or function. That may be great but it would be nice if there were a thread dedicated to simple "ROUTINES" that could be chained together to create a script.

For instance:

A "START" routine
A "DELAY" routine
A "SHOOT" routine -
A "INTERVELOMETER" routine
A "ZOOM" routine
A "FOCUS" routine
A "FLASH ON/OFF" routine
A "SCREEN ON/OFF" routine for those thet can!
A "SHUTTER" routine for speed and priority
A "APERTURE" routine
Etc., etc., etc..

These should be prefaced with small descriptions or info but mostly be in a form that can be READILY copy and pasted into a "build" routine. Many scripts are pre-written and posted here but it is kinda a pain in the rear to read through 10 or 15 posts only to discover that the actual "SCRIPT" being discussed is NOT in the thread but somewhere else - like on Wiki or another website. Uhhggggg!

I will try to go through the threads here and get a few and compile them into a .txt file and post that here in THIS original post. That way as people add posts with their routines those can be added to the original file - say once a week or so depending upon the interest. If there are no posts in a week HERE then I will get the idea that there is NO interest in this and drop it.

Thanks to all who lurk and contribute here!!

Hillbille

Re: Script "routines" for building scripts.
« Reply #1 on: 09 / January / 2011, 18:22:03 »
Hello and welcome.

Study some of these : http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/ubasic.htm

« Reply #2 on: 10 / January / 2011, 03:59:04 »
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I will use these to make my own - well I'll try a few and see what I get.
I really have not found a script ready made for my particular use of Canon SDXXX cameras.

I need to build my own custom script and see where that goes.

Routines with explanations does help but I still do not quite understand the "uses" of the routines in differing cameras.

I have a few questions but think I will look, read and see if I can solve my own problems.

Thanks again.

Hillbille

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 10 / January / 2011, 12:12:07 »
Note that the link posted by Microfunguy applies to SDM. Some things are the same in CHDK, and others are not.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #4 on: 29 / May / 2012, 23:46:38 »
I am curious if there might be a PC program - that will "run" a script and check for correct verbage? What I mean is - IS there a way to "test" a script WITHOUT placing it in a camera and running it?

Hillbille

« Reply #5 on: 29 / May / 2012, 23:50:36 »
I am curious if there might be a PC program - that will "run" a script and check for correct verbage? What I mean is - IS there a way to "test" a script WITHOUT placing it in a camera and running it?

Hillbille
This kind of old and I have never tried it myself but here you go :

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/UBASIC/TutorialScratchpad#Debugging_Scripts_on_a_PC_or_Mac

I'd recommend the first link,  which takes you to here :
http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/kapstuff/zubdb.html
« Last Edit: 30 / May / 2012, 00:24:47 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #6 on: 30 / May / 2012, 01:55:04 »
Many thanks!! This will help me work out some of my dumb ides on the Selective_Intervalometer.bas that I have. I have so many questions and no way to answer them. LOL!!

Hillbille