RAW setting is on and I have tried to use the instructions found on the CHDK Wikia to use the RAW develop to process a RAW file in the camera to create a JPG based on camera settings. I can choose the RAW file but the camera never tells me to enter Record mode to take a picture to process the file. Does anyone know if this works or if I'm missing something when trying the instructions?
Speaking only for the SX20 fw 1.02b (because that's what I use), yes the "Raw Develop" option does work. I suspect it also works on the other versions of the SX20 as well. It is probably in how you are attempting to use it. Here are a couple of things to check:
- Enable "Save RAW"
- Select any raw format files (JPG, WAV, THM, CRW, or CR2) located in the /DCIM/100CANON folder except DNG
. I've ony tested using CR2 & CRW files, but the popup message will also appear for all of the others except DNG.
- Make sure that the camera settings are set like you want them before you "develop"
. For example, if you shot the CRW using a Tungsten setting and you want to have the JPG created for Daylight, be sure to have your WB set to Daylight before "developing"
- It doesn't matter if you have DNG enabled during this process, only that the file you select to process must be a CRW file
- When you get the popup message, "Please switch camera to record mode and take one shot. OK", you must exit the CHDK menus and then press the shutter button. The camera will click the shutter, etc., just like you are taking a photo, but you will actually be creating the new JPG in the JPG folder.
- You can then go into "Playback mode" and view the new JPG created
About the most info on the "RAW Develop" that I've found was here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_firmware_usage/AllBest