Add features like SONY's sweep panorama function - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Add features like SONY's sweep panorama function

• 2 Replies
Add features like SONY's sweep panorama function
« on: 15 / September / 2010, 21:30:18 »
Advertisements
Sony Sweep Panorama function is very useful, I want add to Canon Camera.

Re: Add features like SONY's sweep panorama function
« Reply #1 on: 16 / September / 2010, 05:15:20 »
I think SONY got that idea from the bottom half of my webpage here http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/help/file_27.htm   :)

I have been working on implementing this for SDM.

It will create a 360 degree stereo panorama approximately 20,000 x 3000 pixels in size.

HOWEVER, it will take about two minutes to acquire the images and stitching will be done on the PC.

CHDK/SDM supported cameras cannot capture the images fast enough at high resolution to truly replicate SONY's Sweep Panorama function.

Offline ultimA

Re: Add features like SONY's sweep panorama function
« Reply #2 on: 19 / January / 2011, 02:00:58 »
CHDK/SDM supported cameras cannot capture the images fast enough at high resolution to truly replicate SONY's Sweep Panorama function.

Sony's cameras are also not fast enough. When they do sweep panorama, the resolution is substantially reduced compared to "normal" images (they have a vertical resolution of 1080). You could get almost the same results on Canon if you have a 1080p capable camera by starting video recording and slowly turning around. A 720p camera would also produce results very acceptable in quality. Though you still need software to do the stitching on the PC.