what is the perfect compact powershot for HDR? - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

what is the perfect compact powershot for HDR?

• 1 Replies
what is the perfect compact powershot for HDR?
« on: 04 / February / 2011, 18:29:46 »
Advertisements
Hi, firstly a massive thanks to the creators of CHDK and those that support it.  I was looking for a compact to complement my Sony A33 which I have to manually bracket as the AEB is resticted to .7EV steps.  During my search I stumbled across CHDK and realsed I had a A470 as a compact backup so thought I'd give it a try.  After a hour of careful reading I managed to download with sucess and then I ported the A720 software.  I have tried HDR and have achieved some stunning results, particularly with the wider EV settings that match the performnace of cameras such as the 1d, wow.  The only setback is the limited resolution of the a470, whiklst it is 7MP, I wondered whether the A480 at 10MP would be noticably better, or the A2200 at 14MP.  I know the A480 is supported but I'm not sure about the A2200.  Anyway back to my question, what is the perfect compact powershot for HDR?

Andy

Re: what is the perfect compact powershot for HDR?
« Reply #1 on: 13 / February / 2011, 16:34:26 »
Hi mate -  I'm using a Powershot A650is and I'm having some decent results. You can have a look at my Flickr stream, username 'markoneswift' - I've put some A650 HDRs up on there. The A650 is 6x optical zoom and 12.1MP so it takes some decent pics. You will really benefit from a fast SD card though - I've got a Sandisk Extreme 8Gb and RAW write speed is around 10Mb/s - much better than 3 Mb/s on my old class 4 card !!