Selective Intervalometer (days, days of week, hours/min, intervals min/sec) - page 2 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Selective Intervalometer (days, days of week, hours/min, intervals min/sec)

• 88 Replies

Offline SkyWalker9

• SX20 IS (fw 1.02b)
Advertisements
...after a hour or so something happens and it quits transferring files until it is power-cycled.  Is there something I can add to the script that causes the camera to sleep (kill power to the memory card) every 30 minutes for a moment?  Effectively rebooting the eyefi card ever 30 minutes...
I can't think of any commands that would accomplish what you want.

Offline Maron

For some reason, this script never takes any photos!
I have IS off, i even selected yes for every day of the week, in case my camera is not set on the correct day. It says "waiting", but doesn't take any photos.
I set it to take 10 photos in one minute, and it just says waiting.

Using IXUS 120 firmware GM1.01A.

Offline SkyWalker9

• SX20 IS (fw 1.02b)
For some reason, this script never takes any photos!
I have IS off, i even selected yes for every day of the week, in case my camera is not set on the correct day. It says "waiting", but doesn't take any photos.
I set it to take 10 photos in one minute, and it just says waiting.

Using IXUS 120 firmware GM1.01A.
Sorry, I was on a trip and didn't return until a couple of days ago and didn't see your posting until a few minutes ago.

If you can see the "waiting" message, you have finished the calculations and are just waiting at one of the "time checks" to begin the shoot sequence.

I see that you selected all of the days of the week so that is not causing the problem. I suspect one of the other settings may be causing the problem. Please post the parameter values you were using in the script. Another thing to check is to make sure that you have your camera time set correctly for your time and the time format set to 24 hour.

Offline Maron

I've reloaded the script, and now its magically working! Thanks for that.
(now all i need is an ACK-DC10 power adapter...)

Thank you indeed Skywalker9 - I cannot express my appreciation enough.  I have gone from not even knowing that my little ixus40 was configurable to happily using your script and having fun with timelapse in 2 days. Probably 6 hours considering life's interupptions.    Your script was the first I have tried and it worked fine straight off the get go.   So, total n00b to basic user so quickly is a credit to your work and the others in the CHDK team.  Thanks again!

Hello - newbie here! Using a Canon Ixus 75.
Script works great! Thank you.
We would like to leave it shooting between 6am and 8pm, monday to friday continually with 30second intervals. However, it looks like it will only shoot upto 999 shots. Is that right, or is there a way of capturing more in one go? We ask as the camera will be left up a pole for the week.

Also, is there anyway to turn the display off once its all up and running?

Thanks very much for any suggestions.
« Last Edit: 10 / July / 2011, 17:01:16 by bx500ri »

Offline SkyWalker9

• SX20 IS (fw 1.02b)
...it looks like it will only shoot upto 999 shots. Is that right, or is there a way of capturing more in one go?...
@bx500ri

I re-checked the script and realized I forgot to change a statement I used during testing. The statement was near the top of the script where the input parameters were being checked. The statement is "if a<2 then a=2". It should read "if a<0 then a=2"

Changing this statement allows you to set the "Number of Shots" parameter to zero. When set to zero, the script will shoot as many photos as your memory card can hold (using the other criteria you've set, such as days of week, hours, etc.) I initially designed the script to have this capability, but forgot to change the line of code after testing.

I've updated both of the scripts so you can either re-download the script or just edit the script you have.

...Using a Canon Ixus 75...is there anyway to turn the display off once its all up and running
Since I don't have this model of camera, I'll have to defer to another CHDK user that has an IXUS 75.

Since I'm doing volunteer work this summer, I probably won't be able to re-check this posting very often. Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: 11 / July / 2011, 13:26:14 by SkyWalker9 »

Re: Selective Intervalometer (days, days of week, hours/min, intervals min/sec)
« Reply #17 on: 12 / September / 2011, 14:59:14 »
Hi,

is it possible to set different timeperiods depending on the day?

e.g.: take a photo every 15s Tuesdays from 8PM to 11PM and Saturdays from 11AM to 23:59PM.

(I am new to CHDK, haven't used it yet. So please be indulgent towards me, if it's a bad question.)

Greetings from Germany,
pp

Offline SkyWalker9

• SX20 IS (fw 1.02b)
Re: Selective Intervalometer (days, days of week, hours/min, intervals min/sec)
« Reply #18 on: 12 / September / 2011, 21:47:59 »
...is it possible to set different timeperiods depending on the day?

e.g.: take a photo every 15s Tuesdays from 8PM to 11PM and Saturdays from 11AM to 23:59PM...I am new to CHDK, haven't used it yet. So please be indulgent towards me, if it's a bad question...
First off, this is certainly NOT a bad question. Unfortunately, this script (as written) cannot do what you ask. It would require modifying the initial parameter section and involve some careful program changes to make it work as you want -- but I have an idea what needs to be changed.

I don't have a lot of free time right now, but this is DEFINITELY something I'll try when I get a chance - I think it could be very useful.

Offline CNW

Re: Selective Intervalometer - DOW On
« Reply #19 on: 09 / October / 2011, 00:15:49 »
Is there a way to alter script to turn all days on by default rather than off for DOW.  This is typically not an issue with how I use the script.  Thank you so much for your work on this script!