SDM install problems urgent help - page 2 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

SDM install problems urgent help

• 26 Replies
Re: SDM install problems urgent help
« Reply #10 on: 09 / March / 2011, 20:05:48 »
Advertisements
thanks microfunguy, the only one that seems to have a name when i open script files is time lapse all the rest seem to be EXFC 1 BAS  60,  and so on, i am looking for the motion detection one. but they don't seem to have any titles, also i read there were sport and the like, cant find them either. what am i doing wrong, i know you can load your own scripts or others. but i was lead to believe sdm has scripts preloaded, can you tell me which ones are on sdm please, and how i can access them, sorry to be a pain,i think i have read all there is to read . thanks.

Offline zeno

« Reply #11 on: 10 / March / 2011, 04:50:16 »
twinshot - take a look at the common_files folder on your computer (which you downloaded from the SDM web-site). In it you'll find a CHDK folder and inside that a SCRIPTS folder. The scripts there (which include a "no_movement.bas" motion-detect script) should be in the same folder on your camera card. If not, put them there.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #12 on: 10 / March / 2011, 06:24:22 »
the only one that seems to have a name when i open script files is time lapse all the rest seem to be EXFC 1 BAS  60,  and so on

Look in the folder for the full names, the camera only has enough space for abbreviated versions of the real names.

i am looking for the motion detection one.

MD_SDM.bas

« Reply #13 on: 13 / March / 2011, 15:56:42 »
thanks for the help guys, i have looked in the CHDK folder on the computer, but i get a windows message  cant open as have to have the route source. is there a folder i can read on the camera to see the full title of the scripts. the sports/ burst etc ones, in the article i read on the sdm page, could be referring to the canon SCN modes on the canon , or are they scripts ?.i have been messing about with the brak/override to change the shutter speeds.i want to take flying birds,so that should work ok.do i have to go back into the menu to change them back again , or is there a short cut so i can toggle the fast shutter back to normal and visa versa ? please, i have read about the short cuts, but got myself in a bit of a mess,as there seems to be different buttons to press depending on which camera model you use. mine are 480s thanks for any help.

« Reply #14 on: 13 / March / 2011, 21:16:33 »
i have looked in the CHDK folder on the computer, but i get a windows message  cant open as have to have the route source.

I have no idea what you are saying.

have you unzipped Common_files.zip ?

Once unzipped, you just click on the folders as usual, nothing special.

« Reply #15 on: 14 / March / 2011, 15:51:25 »
Thanks for the  reply microfunguy .yes  they are unzipped,then i click to open the individual  script files, i get the windows message that they cannot open without knowing the source of who created the file. all i want to know are the tittles of the scripts so i know what they are for, some of them are self explanatory like time lapse, but there are quite a few that give no know indication what they do. i think because they are bas files,windows cant open them,so i may have to download a bas file viewer program opener. which is a bit of a pain when all i want to know is what each script is for  so i don't get in a mess when i load the file in ALT mode. thanks for any help.

« Reply #16 on: 14 / March / 2011, 16:30:03 »
OK, I understand now.

Right click on the script file and select Open.

When you get the Windows message, choose 'Select Program from a list'.
After some delay, Windows will display a list of programmes.
Choose Wordpad or Notepad and also check the 'Always use the selected program ..' option.

David

« Reply #17 on: 15 / March / 2011, 09:33:30 »
sorted David, thanks you are a star, i can now see what the scripts do. i will now enjoy using them, i still don't know if i use the brack/override to change the shutter speed is there a short cut to to turn it on and off,so i don't have to keep going back to the menu to turn it on when i need a fast shutter speed. thanks for your help.

« Reply #18 on: 15 / March / 2011, 12:45:03 »
In ALT mode, a brief press of SET enables\disables overrides.

You did say "i have now sorted the shutter speed override issue out"

David

« Reply #19 on: 15 / March / 2011, 17:42:53 »
thanks David, i have been out today with my rig, and been messing about with the shutter override, once set i found out if i quickly press the remote to focus the shot in shooting mode, out of alt.then the set button, it turns the tv on and off,but even if it is saying off and i shut the camera down, when i turn the camera back on it reverts back to tv on. i got caught out a few times with underexposed shots as i had the tv set 1/800. so i will take a look at your way. it was great to finally have  sync shutters after years without, the swans and ducks didn't know what hit them,i got some great poses..not quite sure what speed i need the shutter to catch them in flight without a flash on a cloudy day. thanks