chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 981 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: chdkptp - alternative ptp client
« Reply #980 on: 10 / October / 2017, 23:52:03 »
Advertisements
Is it possible to modify "gui.lua" to be able to control touch-screen
models (such as IXUS 240 HS) with mouse clicking on UI Overlay screen?
Oops, I meant to respond to this earlier. Better late then never I guess...

This is a good idea, and would definitely be nice on cameras with tap to focus. Unfortunately, CHDK doesn't currently have the ability to simulate touch inputs (AFAIK... philmoz or waterwingz correct me if I'm wrong). It's possible something could be done with post_logical_event_to_ui. There are various touch related levents, but I don't know how coordinates are handled if they are usable at all.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: chdkptp - alternative ptp client
« Reply #981 on: 12 / October / 2017, 00:11:05 »
Unfortunately, CHDK doesn't currently have the ability to simulate touch inputs (AFAIK... philmoz or waterwingz correct me if I'm wrong).
The Powershot N code intercepts touch events differently from philmoz's implemention (mostly because the Canon code was very different and I could not copy philmoz's original work). But AFAIK the result is pretty much the same. 

When active in <ALT> mode, the code interrupts the Canon firmware's touch processing software,  steals the x-y position of a touch, and prevents that touch from being passed to the Canon firmware for processing.

While it might be possible to inject a "touch" into the system at the point where it's hacked out,  I'm pretty sure that would not work - for a bunch of reasons. So adding the ability to create a "virtual touch" would be a new development project.  Not a huge effort compared to the original stuff srsa_4c does, but work none the less.

tl;dr : you are correct - not currently available.
It's possible something could be done with post_logical_event_to_ui. There are various touch related levents, but I don't know how coordinates are handled if they are usable at all.
That would be one approach to try prior to creating a lower level touch event insertion attempt.
Ported : A1200  SD940  G10  Powershot N  G16*