chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 85 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #840 on: 31 / August / 2015, 16:16:33 »
Advertisements
I used a A2500 for testing. Right now it takes up to 20 seconds to take 6 pictures. I know it depends on the settings, but this camera is just too slow. Processing seems to take ages. I look for a camera which can do faster continuous shots and / or "remoteshoot -quick". Which camera would you suggest?
The Canon specs should give you a reasonable idea of the speed differences between cameras. Keep in mind that some cameras have problems with remoteshoot in continuous: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/User:Nafraf/RemoteShootIssues

However, without more information about what you are doing, it's hard to say whether a faster camera will actually solve your problem. When you say "Processing seems to take ages" what specifically are you referring to?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #841 on: 07 / October / 2015, 19:30:30 »
Hi,
Trying this program but it's only half working.  win8.1 x64, connected cam with chdk already loaded in Play mode, used Zadig, installed libusb 1.26, ran chdkptp, clicked connect, pressing buttons causes the lcd to "blink" but doesn't execute button presses.  The files section works and I can upload files.  The live view doesn't work.  Cam has chdk 1.3, sd1200.

Wanted to use this for faster script testing. Cam buttons don't work while connected.

ptpcam gui works fine, no live view though

ps pressed REC then click Viewfinder and it works.

The INSTALL.TXT is missing in the latest download, could you write up a simple step-by-step to get it working like I just did? ie get zadig, activate chdk with load firmware,plugin camera, options show all devices, select cannon digital camera, select libusb, click install, run chdkptp, click connect, click REC, click Liveview.
« Last Edit: 07 / October / 2015, 20:12:25 by jmac698 »

« Reply #842 on: 07 / October / 2015, 20:12:45 »
Cam has chdk 1.3, sd1200.
It might be helpful to know what revision of CHDK 1.3.0 you have?  You can get that from the  Show Build Info menu item in the CHDK Miscellaneous  menu.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #843 on: 07 / October / 2015, 20:56:39 »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #844 on: 07 / October / 2015, 23:43:14 »
Hi,
Trying this program but it's only half working.  win8.1 x64, connected cam with chdk already loaded in Play mode, used Zadig, installed libusb 1.26, ran chdkptp, clicked connect, pressing buttons causes the lcd to "blink" but doesn't execute button presses.  The files section works and I can upload files.  The live view doesn't work.  Cam has chdk 1.3, sd1200.
It is normal for the camera to ignore key presses when in playback mode with USB connected. On many cameras you can send
=post_levent_to_ui(4484)
in the console to unlock the keys in playback mode. I believe PTPCamGui does this automatically.

When you say the live view "doesn't work", what specifically does it do?

Do you have any images on the camera? Is there a video selected in the camera playback screen?

What does the physical screen on the camera show?

ps pressed REC then click Viewfinder and it works.
Do you mean the viewfinder works, or everything works, or...?

The INSTALL.TXT is missing in the latest download, could you write up a simple step-by-step to get it working like I just did? ie get zadig, activate chdk with load firmware,plugin camera, options show all devices, select cannon digital camera, select libusb, click install, run chdkptp, click connect, click REC, click Liveview.
I can't, because I have not set it up on windows later than Win 7. If someone else can provide clear instructions, I would be happy to included them.

The contents of INSTALL.TXT are approximately https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/wiki/Install

Offline Ant

« Reply #845 on: 11 / October / 2015, 02:37:16 »
reyalp

Can you add support for Digic6 cameras that have 16 bit/pixel overlays ?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #846 on: 11 / October / 2015, 16:48:47 »
reyalp

Can you add support for Digic6 cameras that have 16 bit/pixel overlays ?
I don't see why not, but someone with one of the cameras will have to work on the camera side and at least provide sample data. This will likely require a live view protocol update. I suspect this is a CHDK 1.5 feature.

Offline Ant

« Reply #847 on: 12 / October / 2015, 11:51:51 »
This is my sample data.
viewport: 736 * 480 * 16 bit/pixel
bitmap:    736 * 480 * 16 bit/pixel, but in camera RAM it is 8 bit.

I propose to add one more palette_type  (#4 )

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #848 on: 12 / October / 2015, 12:21:53 »
@Ant
Since you did not have to change the display routines, your cam very likely has the same kind of overlay buffers as mine.

The usable ones are:
- viewport: resolution may depend on output device (didn't check yet), there are buffers with at least 2 variants of YUV. One of them seems to be the same as the 16bpp variant found in earlier cams. Y411 (12bpp) format is not available.
- overlay: resolution depends on output device, 16bit YUV (UYVY, U and V component values are shifted by 0x80)
- overlay opacity (I called this "stencil" buffer): 8bpp, same resolution as the overlay buffer

Palette is not needed as all buffers are YUV, but a lot more data will have to be transferred for a "full experience" (2 YUV buffers + the opacity buffer). Perhaps we should consider lowering the frame rate for some of them (i.e. don't transfer the overlays every time).

Offline Ant

« Reply #849 on: 12 / October / 2015, 12:45:01 »
I already did some changes in live_view.c and lib.c (screen buffer resolution and vp_size)
Stencil buffer in RAM dump is 8bpp, but in chdkptp it is 16bit. Why?
« Last Edit: 12 / October / 2015, 12:52:02 by Ant »