chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 109 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies
Re: chdkptp - alternative ptp client
« Reply #1080 on: 31 / December / 2020, 05:20:35 »
Advertisements
Thank you for the super-fast reply!! <3

It looks like the viewport functions in the s95 port are probably incomplete, which firmware do you have?

Stick installed 100h-1.5.1-5646

Also, can you check the zebra function like described here [link] (using the camera LCD, not chdkptp)

Ok! - the blanked out section identified by the zebra tracked to each of the four corners of the LCD as I moved the camera around, and stayed on top of the bright light.

Cheers

« Reply #1081 on: 31 / December / 2020, 11:39:42 »
Hey I created a svn package for Archlinux with gtk gui enabled https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/chdkptp-svn/
Have fun _)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1082 on: 31 / December / 2020, 19:03:54 »
Ok! - the blanked out section identified by the zebra tracked to each of the four corners of the LCD as I moved the camera around, and stayed on top of the bright light.
Thanks. Test build posted in https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5641.msg144858#msg144858
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #1083 on: 31 / December / 2020, 23:49:22 »
Thanks.

No, thank you!! I really appreciate your efforts to try and fix this issue :)

I updated s95 firmware with your test build, new version number was on splash screen. Something has definitely changed - the UI wasn't appearing at all previously, and now displays. However, the halved viewport remains :( I cycled through all the options, and oddly enough FISHEYE shows the entire scene correctly, albeit skewed by the fisheye effect.

Happy to try any troubleshooting directions or advice you might have, let me know how I can help!

Cheers

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1084 on: 01 / January / 2021, 01:11:40 »
Happy to try any troubleshooting directions or advice you might have, let me know how I can help!
Updated build, turns out the cam I copied from also had the smaller viewport height  :-[ https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5641.msg144864#msg144864

If the normal stuff is fixed, fisheye will probably be broken...

« Reply #1085 on: 01 / January / 2021, 04:32:46 »
Hi again! Viewport is full size in the Live View!! <3 Thank you so much for your help, and the speed of your replies!! :)

« Reply #1086 on: 15 / April / 2021, 10:43:03 »
Hello,
New to this all. I have Canon Powershot A550.
I can get live view working by clicking on the play button in teh GUI but I cannot get the overlay to display.
As the camera only has a 2in screen it is very difficult for me to see and really need to be able to use the larger computer screen to make my settings and remote shoot.

Do I have any chance with this camera and CHDKPTP?
TIA

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1087 on: 15 / April / 2021, 12:59:58 »
I can get live view working by clicking on the play button in teh GUI but I cannot get the overlay to display.
As the camera only has a 2in screen it is very difficult for me to see and really need to be able to use the larger computer screen to make my settings and remote shoot.
I believe live view is known to work on this camera. Maybe if you can provide a bit more detail we can figure out what the problem is.

In general, to use live view you should:
1) Power on the camera in playback mode
2) Connect CHDKPTP
3) In the live tab, check "Viewfinder" and "UI Overlay". You should see the whatever is displaying on the camera screen. If you want a larger view, check "Viewfinder 1:1" as well.
4) To switch to shooting mode, click the "rec" button in the GUI

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #1088 on: 15 / April / 2021, 13:39:14 »
 ??? Another cam with halfsized fisheye and FHD recording is Ix240 (102a).
Only shoot(/2) and zoom is available with mouse, rec (video) and others need touchscreen buttons.
But the OSD colors are lovely... :-*

Edit: Very similar is Ix310 (101a). The only difference seems: :blink: Here mouse can start&stop video.
« Last Edit: 15 / April / 2021, 15:13:50 by Caefix »
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

« Reply #1089 on: 16 / April / 2021, 09:46:23 »
I believe live view is known to work on this camera. Maybe if you can provide a bit more detail we can figure out what the problem is.

In general, to use live view you should:
1) Power on the camera in playback mode
2) Connect CHDKPTP
3) In the live tab, check "Viewfinder" and "UI Overlay". You should see the whatever is displaying on the camera screen. If you want a larger view, check "Viewfinder 1:1" as well.
4) To switch to shooting mode, click the "rec" button in the GUI

The steps that work partially for me.
1) Power on the camera in Playback mode.
2) Load CHDK(build includes CHDKPTP) in camera
3) Start chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64 on computer
4) Go to Live View tab deselect all
5)Connect USB cable from computer to camera
5a Connect GUI to camera
5b) Only the off button will operate on camera at this stage. Unable to use <alt>
6) Select Live Viewfinder or viewfinder 1:1
6a) Statistics tab may show communications but viewfinder is black screen.
7) Select UI Overlay and the following error is caught in console.
6) Select "Rec" buttton.
7) Viewfinder now displays LiveView from Camera.
8) Viewfinder does not display UI Overlay
9) Navigation buttons navigate the camera UI but no overlay in program. So must still look at camera to see what is being selected.
10) shoot and save works.

Error caught when selecting overlay.
ERROR: ...ds\chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64\chdkptp-r964\lua\gui_live.lua:575: data < palette size
stack traceback:
   ...ds\chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64\chdkptp-r964\lua\gui_live.lua:575: in function <...ds\chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64\chdkptp-r964\lua\gui_live.lua:542>
   [C]: in function 'xpcall'
   ...ads\chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64\chdkptp-r964\lua\errutil.lua:97: in function 'action'
   ...ds\chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64\chdkptp-r964\lua\gui_live.lua:464: in function <...ds\chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64\chdkptp-r964\lua\gui_live.lua:424>
   [C]: in function 'xpcall'
   ...ds\chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64\chdkptp-r964\lua\gui_live.lua:519: in function <...ds\chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64\chdkptp-r964\lua\gui_live.lua:517>
   (...tail calls...)
   [C]: in function 'MainLoop'
   ...wnloads\chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64\chdkptp-r964\lua\gui.lua:761: in function <...wnloads\chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64\chdkptp-r964\lua\gui.lua:734>
   (...tail calls...)
   ...nloads\chdkptp-r964-win-x86_64\chdkptp-r964\lua\main.lua:304: in main chunk
   [C]: in function 'require'
   [string "require('main')"]:1: in main chunk

Thanks