PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread - page 17 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread

• 563 Replies

Offline funnel

Re: PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #160 on: 18 / June / 2011, 15:42:25 »
Advertisements
I uploaded the new build that fixes some issues

Fixed:
-autoboot memory card error
-shifted zebra. I missed that in the last build
-crash when connecting PTP
-implemented the JogDialTask(), now the jogdial is finally disabled in ALT mode

The problem with the Jogdial task I had was because of this line in IDA, just to let know if anyone encounters a similar problem.
Code: [Select]
LDR     R7, asc_FF0569E4 ; "L%" //just =0xFF0569E4 didn't work
needed to change to
 LDR     R7, =0x25BC ;

Binary beta5 http://www.zshare.net/download/916009936ad5fd16/

« Reply #161 on: 19 / June / 2011, 09:22:47 »
Funnel, thanks for all your hard work! The last build is working great. I don't know to what you mean by the jogdial problem, but sometimes when I'm in the CHDK menu and slightly touch the jogdial the menu disappears (partly or completely).

BTW, does the quality override work?

Offline funnel

« Reply #162 on: 19 / June / 2011, 12:24:32 »
The quality override for jpgs should work, and the video quality override is working too.

In the previous releases the jogdial was enabled in ALT menu and at the same time active in the original canon menu. Same thing happens now in alt mode when pressing soft left and the onscreen canon menu appears. I will fix that in the next build.

« Reply #163 on: 19 / June / 2011, 15:20:53 »
Few problems I encountered:

1) The autoiso override doesn't work in program mode, but it does in auto. Is this normal?

2) When the device is off the play button normally doesn't act like an on/off switch. With your last chdk build it does. You can not look back at pictures without switching it completly on first. The standard firmware allows you to view photos without extracting the lens when you press the play button a few seconds.

3) I don't think quality override works, the filesize (fine versus super fine) is practicaly the same.
« Last Edit: 19 / June / 2011, 15:45:15 by Blablaat »

Offline funnel

« Reply #164 on: 19 / June / 2011, 16:17:21 »
1) The autoiso override doesn't work in program mode, but it does in auto. Is this normal?
If you set the ISO to AUTOISO should work.

2) When the device is off the play button normally doesn't act like an on/off switch. With your last chdk build it does. You can not look back at pictures without switching it completly on first. The standard firmware allows you to view photos without extracting the lens when you press the play button a few seconds.
If you press the play button an hold it some time it should go just in play mode or use the firmware update method to start chdk.

3) I don't think quality override works, the filesize (fine versus super fine) is practicaly the same.
Yes, I think you're right, I wasn't sure about that when I tested that. I could try to allocate just a little less memory to see what will happen.

« Reply #165 on: 19 / June / 2011, 17:17:04 »
If you set the ISO to AUTOISO should work.

If you press the play button an hold it some time it should go just in play mode or use the firmware update method to start chdk.

Yes, I think you're right, I wasn't sure about that when I tested that. I could try to allocate just a little less memory to see what will happen.

1) it usually works but not always.
2) my sx220 does not act the way it should. When I press the play button it turns on as it does when I press the on/off button. Sometimes the screen stays black, but the lens pops out.
3) nice! I look forward to the new build.

My Canon boots with chdk, could that be the problem?
« Last Edit: 19 / June / 2011, 18:29:15 by Blablaat »

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #166 on: 19 / June / 2011, 18:44:02 »

The standard for CHDK is to start in playback mode unless the on/off button is held on while starting up. It's tempting to reverse this so you get the instant start in record mode; but most other ports don't do this.

If the camera has a seperate playback button that can start the camera then this button should always start the camera in playback mode even if held down (to avoid confusing users).

This is handled in the startup code in boot.c

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

Offline funnel

« Reply #167 on: 20 / June / 2011, 04:03:20 »
Thanks, I didn't know that. I just copied the code and didn't even think about that. I modified the statement in boot.c and now goes in rec mode only when holding the on/off button.

« Reply #168 on: 20 / June / 2011, 04:51:00 »
Wow, yesterday I shot some photos in DNG. Fantastic! I did have to correct the lens distortion but the quality of the pic is so much better than the original JPEG. Really love your work Funnel!

How is it possible that the DNG covers a bigger area of the object I photographed than the original JPEG? The resolution is the same.

Offline funnel

« Reply #169 on: 20 / June / 2011, 05:42:53 »
We have a little bigger resolution in DNGs (4072x3036). In photoshop I had to apply an amount of 90 for distortion and 129 scale when shooting at wide angle to correct it.