PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread - page 50 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread

• 563 Replies
Re: PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #490 on: 11 / March / 2012, 15:15:43 »
Advertisements
Hi,

first of all thanks for this fine piece of software. I have been using it for a couple of months with great satisfaction. :)

The reason I'm writing here is that I've noticed a weird behavior for the RAW feature since a few releases.

The last one that works right for me is 1704, while both 1717 and 1725 don't.

With the latest releases no matter how many times I set the "RAW" on, whenever I get back to the "RAW" config screen (after having exited and reentered the CHDK menu), the option is turned off and subsequently the camera only shoots jpeg. I can't put my finger on it, but I think  that the "RAW ON" check works backward somehow.

Does it make sense? Any tip?

Thanks,
Max

« Reply #491 on: 11 / March / 2012, 15:30:41 »
The reason I'm writing here is that I've noticed a weird behavior for the RAW feature since a few releases.

With the latest releases no matter how many times I set the "RAW" on, whenever I get back to the "RAW" config screen (after having exited and reentered the CHDK menu), the option is turned off and subsequently the camera only shoots jpeg. I can't put my finger on it, but I think  that the "RAW ON" check works backward somehow.

Kind of a long shot, but could you be accidentally be tripping the RAW enable key shortcut ?

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Key_Shortcuts

Might even be setup wrong for the sx220 ....

Also,  try deleting the CCHDK.CFG file on your SD card.  Another long shot but its the first thing I do when CHDK starts exhibiting unusual behavior.

What mode is your camera in ?  I seem to remember RAW being disabled in sports mode for example but I don't think it resets the menu choice.  I'll take a look at the source.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #492 on: 14 / March / 2012, 17:28:54 »
Yes I've tried deleting the config file, thanks for the suggestion though.

About the accidental tripping: Why would it happen always and in a repeatable fashion only with certain releases?

Anyway, I do have an sx230 hs with firmware 1.01c

Thanks for looking into this, if you need me doing something please ask.

Max

Kind of a long shot, but could you be accidentally be tripping the RAW enable key shortcut ?

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Key_Shortcuts

Might even be setup wrong for the sx220 ....

Also,  try deleting the CCHDK.CFG file on your SD card.  Another long shot but its the first thing I do when CHDK starts exhibiting unusual behavior.

What mode is your camera in ?  I seem to remember RAW being disabled in sports mode for example but I don't think it resets the menu choice.  I'll take a look at the source.

« Reply #493 on: 16 / March / 2012, 20:11:12 »
Everything back to form with 1735 ..  8) Thanks for your time!

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #494 on: 01 / April / 2012, 14:21:58 »
With changeset 1785/1786 is the default <ALT> button the playback button. A short press is for the <ALT> mode, a longer press is for the original playback funktion.

You can select a alternative <ALT> button in menu 'Miscellaneous stuff' -> <ALT> mode button [Playback, Video, DISP.] .

The combination [DISP. + SET] is no longer available.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #495 on: 06 / April / 2012, 18:53:55 »
I am experiencing a performance issue when the camera is set to burst mode and CHDK is loaded. With the same card the "native" (CHDK not loaded) burst mode is twice as fast as when CHDK is active. I have RAW mode disabled and I've tried different settings including disabling overrides. There is still something going on every time the camera takes picture, perhaps some background process that slows the things significantly. Can some one comment on this and perhaps suggest a solution?

Thanks,
Nick

The interesting thing is that this happens only when you start CHDK with the firmware update method. Starting CHDK from a locked SD card solves the slow HQ burst problem.

For me it does not matter how the card is formatted. Burst mode with CHDK loaded drops to about 1 frame per second. Please, can someone look into this? 

Offline funnel

« Reply #496 on: 07 / April / 2012, 05:01:07 »
Did you try with custom auto iso disabled?

« Reply #497 on: 08 / April / 2012, 17:22:08 »
Yes, with Custom ISO disabled it is still slow.

Offline funnel

« Reply #498 on: 09 / April / 2012, 02:10:21 »
Download the newest build http://mighty-hoernsche.de/ and replace the CHDK folder too to force the default settings. Could be related to zebra, edge overlay or histogram stuff...

I tried a few times and works fine on my camera.

« Reply #499 on: 13 / April / 2012, 03:34:38 »
Download the newest build http://mighty-hoernsche.de/ and replace the CHDK folder too to force the default settings. Could be related to zebra, edge overlay or histogram stuff...

I tried a few times and works fine on my camera.

I've tried that and it is still slow. Perhaps you could try non-CHDK card and see the difference on your camera? I might capture a short video to demonstrate the issue ...