G11 Histogram Issues - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

G11 Histogram Issues

• 2 Replies
G11 Histogram Issues
« on: 29 / March / 2011, 20:31:34 »
Advertisements
I have successfully hacked my G11 (thanks to the CHDK community), mainly to do 5 and 7 exposure HDR shots, but I now realize the G11 histogram operates in a rather different mode to what I thought.

Both the native and CHDK histogram always show the histogram of the correctly exposed scene, ie not the one I have set with my exposure values or compensation. When the shutter button is pressed halfway the histogram changes to the exposure setting that is set, but then reverts back when I take my finger off of the shutter release.

Also, and more importantly, when in manual mode, say, the histogram remains fixed, ie the 'perfect exposure', despite changes to the aperture or exposure time.

Is it possible for the CHDK histogram to show the actual histogram that the camera is set to, ie without pressing the shutter release.

Am I missing something?

Garry

Offline reyalp

Re: G11 Histogram Issues
« Reply #1 on: 29 / March / 2011, 21:35:00 »
Is it possible for the CHDK histogram to show the actual histogram that the camera is set to, ie without pressing the shutter release.
The CHDK histogram is based on what appears in the display. If the display doesn't reflect the exposure settings you have chosen (as is frequently the case when you aren't pressing half shoot), then the histogram will be similarly inaccurate.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: G11 Histogram Issues
« Reply #2 on: 30 / March / 2011, 21:32:08 »
I feared that was the reason. Nevertheless, I think the G11 CHDK is incredible, especially as I am an HDR freak!!!!

Once again thanks to all those that made CHDK work.

Cheers

Garry