A2200 IS porting thread

• 514 Replies
Re: A2200 IS porting thread
« Reply #190 on: 21 / January / 2012, 12:07:49 »
Advertisements
Can someone point me in the right direction?

If I try to take a picture with LUA over ptp (lua shoot() or lua press(shutter_half & full)), the camera (1.00B) sometimes crashes. Other stuff works fine (controlling modes, keys, file management, ...).

Quick glance at ROMLOG suggest it might be a memory issue (might be related to executing LUA on 1.00D if compiled with PTP enabled), but I need someone to confirm this and points me in the right direction how to deal with this.
Its obviously a long shot, but does this version even work for you and if it does, does it work any differ?

This is for 100b only of coarse.

« Reply #191 on: 21 / January / 2012, 14:41:21 »
Its obviously a long shot, but does this version even work for you and if it does, does it work any differ?

Interesting! It boots up, logo now has the CHDK wheal, menus have icons, but the keys don't get parsed correctly (I can activate the alt mode, but then pressing the menu opend the CHDK menu and the camera menu, same way, shutters starts the script and a photo gets taken). Also tried lua over ptp but it doesn't work (though that might be my fault, camera ptp v2.1, ptpcam ptp v2.0).

Edit: corrected the quote
« Last Edit: 21 / January / 2012, 14:47:35 by Nilinhim »

« Reply #192 on: 21 / January / 2012, 14:49:02 »
Can someone point me in the right direction?

If I try to take a picture with LUA over ptp (lua shoot() or lua press(shutter_half & full)), the camera (1.00B) sometimes crashes. Other stuff works fine (controlling modes, keys, file management, ...).

Quick glance at ROMLOG suggest it might be a memory issue (might be related to executing LUA on 1.00D if compiled with PTP enabled), but I need someone to confirm this and points me in the right direction how to deal with this.

Enabling OPT_CHDK_IN_EXMEM also crashes the camera in the same place (ROMLOG is the same).

« Reply #193 on: 21 / January / 2012, 14:53:47 »

Interesting! It boots up, logo now has the CHDK wheal, menus have icons, but the keys don't get parsed correctly (I can activate the alt mode, but then pressing the menu opend the CHDK menu and the camera menu, same way, shutters starts the script and a photo gets taken). Also tried lua over ptp but it doesn't work (though that might be my fault, camera ptp v2.1, ptpcam ptp v2.0).

Edit: corrected the quote
Ok, see if this one fixes the key problem?

« Reply #194 on: 21 / January / 2012, 14:56:29 »
And ok, figured it was worth a shot since after getting my source all corrected I dont have the crash issue anymore when enabling PTP.

I was hoping using my source with your addresses of coarse might work for you.

« Reply #195 on: 21 / January / 2012, 15:04:36 »
Ok, see if this one fixes the key problem?

Yes it does! Now works exactly like my 1.0 port (can even execute lua over ptp, although it still crashes when trying to take a picture).

« Reply #196 on: 21 / January / 2012, 15:23:23 »
And ok, figured it was worth a shot since after getting my source all corrected I dont have the crash issue anymore when enabling PTP.

What was the part that was causing your crashes? Could you share the code so I can compare it?

« Reply #197 on: 21 / January / 2012, 15:44:00 »

What was the part that was causing your crashes? Could you share the code so I can compare it?
Of coarse I will share source, 1st try this one and see if it crashes at picture take still, if so, ill change it back to my last post and send you source so you can Diff it with yours.

« Reply #198 on: 21 / January / 2012, 16:02:53 »
Of coarse I will share source, 1st try this one and see if it crashes at picture take still, if so, ill change it back to my last post and send you source so you can Diff it with yours.

Sadly, still crashes.

« Reply #199 on: 21 / January / 2012, 16:15:43 »

Sadly, still crashes.
ok, sorry it still crashes, here is the source anyway?

Did it seem to help in anyway at all with anything?

And as far as what I fixed to make mine stop crashing with ptp enabled was that I cant recall the exact issue, just once I fixed all my addreses in my stubs_entry.2 and my lib.c I then noticed it was working .

NOTE: I pulled the primary.bin from the zip to get file size small enough to post, obviously you already have it anyway. 8]
« Last Edit: 21 / January / 2012, 16:19:48 by mk11174 »