A2200 IS porting thread

• 514 Replies
Re: A2200 IS porting thread
« Reply #210 on: 23 / January / 2012, 12:07:08 »
Advertisements
In order to avoid asking too many questions, can someone explain the porting process? I have gotten the 1.00D port with a lot of crashes. Being this is new to me, I do not know if I am making mistakes, or if this is a work in process in regards to fixing problems along the way. Lastly, is it trial and error to see what functions are compatible with the A2200, or is this fixed along the way? Thank you for your patients with my noob questions.
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers <- lots of links down towards the bottom.   Particularly :
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_support_for_a_new_camera
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_support_of_a_new_firmware_version
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK-PT_:_A_tool_for_porting_CHDK_to_different_firmware_versions_of_the_same_camera
« Last Edit: 23 / January / 2012, 12:11:12 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #211 on: 24 / January / 2012, 01:00:15 »
Here is the initial working build of 1.00D firmware to test (I'm still testing it on my 1.00D camera):

All the credit goes to mk11174 who has been patiently developing this build with the help of CHDK-PT and compiling it with CHDK-Shell.

The owners of 1.00D firmware, Please test it out and then we can confirm whether this works alright.

I have a 1.00D bought in India. I haven't used any of the non-alpha/beta CHDK versions, so please bear with me if something is a feature rather than a bug. :)

What works:
I'm still exploring, and haven't tried lua or RAW. ubasic works.

Major issues:
+ Sometimes the camera refuses to start with bootable CHDK (I don't remember whether the logo appears before crashing). The problem is fixed (temporarily) by starting the camera without CHDK and taking a picture (ie, changing memory card lock, taking picture, then changing the lock back).
+ Tetris crashed every time I tried it. I believe Sokoban is the only game I managed to play without crashing.

Annoyances:
+ There is a good amount of flicker, especially on the histogram.
+ Palette problems. The histogram is grayscale and I couldn't find a way to change it. The CHDK logo is grayscale too.
+ CHDK can only be started by formatting with FAT16 and making the card bootable(?)  [eta: I know it could only be a Canon thing rather than a CHDK thing, I just want to know if this is normal.]
+ I have a suspicion that the battery is draining rather faster, but I could be wrong.
+ IIRC, the camera shut down when it showed 33% charge, so the default calibration values are way off?

My thanks and congratulations to all who made and ported CHDK! And thanks to Canon for not further obfuscating the firmware update process!
« Last Edit: 24 / January / 2012, 01:13:22 by Matthayichen »

« Reply #212 on: 24 / January / 2012, 01:15:45 »

I have a 1.00D bought in India. I haven't used any of the non-alpha/beta CHDK versions, so please bear with me if something is a feature rather than a bug. :)

What works:
I'm still exploring, and haven't tried lua or RAW. ubasic works.

Major issues:
+ Sometimes the camera refuses to start with bootable CHDK (I don't remember whether the logo appears before crashing). The problem is fixed (temporarily) by starting the camera without CHDK and taking a picture (ie, changing memory card lock, taking picture, then changing the lock back).
+ Tetris crashed every time I tried it. I believe Sokoban is the only game I managed to play without crashing.

Annoyances:
+ There is a good amount of flicker, especially on the histogram.
+ Palette problems. The histogram is grayscale and I couldn't find a way to change it. The CHDK logo is grayscale too.
+ CHDK can only be started by formatting with FAT16 and making the card bootable(?)
+ I have a suspicion that the battery is draining rather faster, but I could be wrong.
+ IIRC, the camera shut down when it showed 33% charge, so the default calibration values are way off?

My thanks and congratulations to all who made and ported CHDK! And thanks to Canon for not further obfuscating the firmware update process!

I also have a 1.00D camera bought in India. Calcutta to be precise.

I have the CHDK installed and working properly and being able to play all the games too.

*** The histogram is in Grayscale and there is a good amount of flicker only on the histogram.

*** The battery is fine and the indicator is fine too for me.

*** Tetris is running great.

*** CHDK boots fine if you directly go into shooting mode by keeping the power button pressed.

*** The only problem is with "Override Subject Distance" which keeps crashing the camera if turned on - If that is kept to off then it works fine.

*** Both lua and ubasic scripts work fine.

This is the port I'm using here.

« Reply #213 on: 24 / January / 2012, 10:33:33 »

I also have a 1.00D camera bought in India. Calcutta to be precise.

I have the CHDK installed and working properly and being able to play all the games too.

*** The histogram is in Grayscale and there is a good amount of flicker only on the histogram.

*** The battery is fine and the indicator is fine too for me.

*** Tetris is running great.

*** CHDK boots fine if you directly go into shooting mode by keeping the power button pressed.

*** The only problem is with "Override Subject Distance" which keeps crashing the camera if turned on - If that is kept to off then it works fine.

*** Both lua and ubasic scripts work fine.

This is the port I'm using here.

My mistake about Tetris--I seem to have mistook the pause mode for a crash. Duh. Also the battery seems fine enough, it just dies very quickly after the 25-20% mark. Like I said, I'm a complete noob to CHDK.

Other than that, I have a reproducible crash. If I switch to <alt> mode, take pictures or half-press, then come back to normal mode, and then half-press again till it focuses, the camera crashes.

I tried a lua script (intervalometer), and it crashed the camera while the ubasic version works fine.
« Last Edit: 24 / January / 2012, 10:35:38 by Matthayichen »

« Reply #214 on: 25 / January / 2012, 08:33:42 »
My mistake about Tetris--I seem to have mistook the pause mode for a crash. Duh. Also the battery seems fine enough, it just dies very quickly after the 25-20% mark. Like I said, I'm a complete noob to CHDK.

Other than that, I have a reproducible crash. If I switch to <alt> mode, take pictures or half-press, then come back to normal mode, and then half-press again till it focuses, the camera crashes.

I tried a lua script (intervalometer), and it crashed the camera while the ubasic version works fine.
I don't have a a2200, but have been trying to help out as I can, see if this one works any better?

Make sure reformat your card just to be sure and re-prepare your card first just to start fresh.

Then copy the CHDK folder and Diskboot.bin from this zip file to the sdcard.

« Reply #215 on: 25 / January / 2012, 10:59:48 »
If the last post for the 100D works but still has issues with focusing, then try this build.

« Reply #216 on: 26 / January / 2012, 00:20:05 »
I don't have a a2200, but have been trying to help out as I can, see if this one works any better?

Make sure reformat your card just to be sure and re-prepare your card first just to start fresh.

Then copy the CHDK folder and Diskboot.bin from this zip file to the sdcard.

This one works fine.... Transparent menus and all.

I'm able to focus and take pictures in normal mode and even after returning to normal mode after taking pictures in <Alt> mode.

Lua scripts work fine too....

« Reply #217 on: 26 / January / 2012, 11:13:09 »
This one works fine.... Transparent menus and all.

I'm able to focus and take pictures in normal mode and even after returning to normal mode after taking pictures in <Alt> mode.

Lua scripts work fine too....
Awsome, sounds great!!!! Thanks for the feedback

« Reply #218 on: 27 / January / 2012, 00:05:22 »
If the last post for the 100D works but still has issues with focusing, then try this build.

I'll confirm what Nemesisforever said. The logo, menus, histogram, OSD all are now in color. I don't know whether they are all the right colors, especially since Snake still has some palette/transparency problems. (Half of the snake's body is transparent, and so is part of the screen.)

Lua scripts now work. I've seen no crashes so far, and the focusing crash has gone away. I will post any problems I find. Thank you!

« Reply #219 on: 27 / January / 2012, 00:44:54 »

I'll confirm what Nemesisforever said. The logo, menus, histogram, OSD all are now in color. I don't know whether they are all the right colors, especially since Snake still has some palette/transparency problems. (Half of the snake's body is transparent, and so is part of the screen.)

Lua scripts now work. I've seen no crashes so far, and the focusing crash has gone away. I will post any problems I find. Thank you!
Thats great!!! Glad its working better for you now!!!