A2200 IS porting thread - page 5 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

A2200 IS porting thread

• 515 Replies
Re: A2200 IS porting thread
« Reply #40 on: 22 / October / 2011, 15:57:42 »
Advertisements
What happened to the last couple of posts? Was it all a dream?
Forum was migrated to a new server last weekend.  Some posts apparently got lost and acseven has not figured out how to restore them.

On the other hand I haven't figured out he modmap table. I know in the newer version of CHDK the entries are suggested in the stubs_entry.S, but I only get reference for MODE_P and MODE_AUTO. The rest are just values and I don't know where to check which modes to assign them. I looked trough a few dumps and compared values but I don't see a pattern.
The new stubs_entry.S also lists the addresses of where it found the modemap values.

Otherwise,  the normal way to fill in modemap values is documented here : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_support_for_a_new_camera#platform.2F.3Ccamera.3E.2Fshooting.c
« Last Edit: 22 / October / 2011, 16:01:10 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #41 on: 22 / October / 2011, 16:10:38 »
The new stubs_entry.S also lists the addresses of where it found the modemap values.

Otherwise,  the normal way to fill in modemap values is documented here : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_support_for_a_new_camera#platform.2F.3Ccamera.3E.2Fshooting.c

Thanks!

I was looking at the functions located at those dresses but could figure it out. And I forgot about that part in the wiki (a couple of months went by the last time I red it in full).

Well, that restored some motivation! Back to hacking :D

« Reply #42 on: 02 / November / 2011, 06:11:45 »
Quick status update for all those waiting:

I managed to finish porting movie_rec.c and have almost redone capt_req.c. Slowly but surely it's coming together.

« Reply #43 on: 06 / November / 2011, 06:10:02 »
Another quick update:

Finished capt_req.c, finnaly everything compiles and boots. Now to finish kbd.c to be able to use it.

Also, does anybody know when CHDK overrides the locked card or where that part of code might reside? It's said that R47 doesn't need extra code to boot from bigger cards, so looking at the reference ports, I left that part out. I'm starting to suspect I might have left out too much.

« Reply #44 on: 06 / November / 2011, 09:46:49 »
Also, does anybody know when CHDK overrides the locked card or where that part of code might reside?
Take a look at the code in platform/a2200/kbd.c.  In the routine my_kbd_read_keys(), you should see something like this in the last few lines :
Code: [Select]
if (conf.remote_enable) {
physw_status[USB_IDX] = physw_status[USB_IDX] & ~(SD_READONLY_FLAG | USB_FLAG);
} else {
physw_status[USB_IDX] = physw_status[USB_IDX] & ~SD_READONLY_FLAG;
}

It's said that R47 doesn't need extra code to boot from bigger cards, so looking at the reference ports, I left that part out. I'm starting to suspect I might have left out too much.
If you mean the dataghost stuff in boot.c,  that's in there to automatically switch from a small FAT16 boot partition to a larger FAT32 partition (if one exisits) so that the camera stores pictures on the largest partition.   If you can get you code to boot from a FAT32 partition,  you obviously will not need that.

« Reply #45 on: 12 / November / 2011, 23:13:38 »
Is there anything the average noob with a canon a2200 can do to help with such a project? I would rely love to help in any way possible.

« Reply #46 on: 12 / November / 2011, 23:27:36 »
Is there anything the average noob with a canon a2200 can do to help with such a project? I would rely love to help in any way possible.
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6252.msg75848#msg75848

« Reply #47 on: 13 / November / 2011, 14:53:50 »
I am "actually willing to spend hours and hours trying different builds of the CHDK software and live through crashes and reloads and partially working software, and then document in detail what I discover". I do not mind at all.

« Reply #48 on: 15 / November / 2011, 16:14:36 »
Another update:

Weird, didn't receive any notification of new posts in this thread.

Any way, the keyboard is finished. I can now access the menu and play games (thanks to waterwingz for pointers). It looks like this.

I am "actually willing to spend hours and hours trying different builds of the CHDK software and live through crashes and reloads and partially working software, and then document in detail what I discover". I do not mind at all.

Next stop shooting.c and then there will be plenty to test, to see if I got all the parameters right.

« Reply #49 on: 18 / November / 2011, 21:43:28 »
Amazing Work!! This is spectacular progress! Keep up the excellent work.  :lol