« Reply #140 on: 28 / December / 2011, 20:27:06 »
Advertisements
Failed to load _dng.flt/fselect.flt file not found :(

Offline reyalp

Re: A2200 IS porting thread
« Reply #141 on: 28 / December / 2011, 21:48:41 »
Failed to load _dng.flt/fselect.flt file not found :(

@Nilinhim
If you are going to work of the trunk, builds should include all core/modules/*.flt

You can use make firzip or make firzipsubcomplete to get a zip with the bins and modules, or everything.

I'd suggest working against the stable branch http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/chdk/branches/release-1_0/  for porting. The trunk is now the unstable development version, so you may encounter breakage unrelated to your port, or changes from version to version which confuse testing.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #142 on: 29 / December / 2011, 00:52:01 »
I'd suggest working against the stable branch http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/chdk/branches/release-1_0/  for porting. The trunk is now the unstable development version, so you may encounter breakage unrelated to your port, or changes from version to version which confuse testing.
I expect that we are going to start running into this again and again.  As many new ports start out using CHDK-Shell, I wonder if whim could come up with some obvious way to select the current stable vs unstable SVN release without the user needing to know anything about branches or SVN version numbers.  I know you can do that by enabling branches and using release-1_0 but I was thinking about something more obvious.  Putting together a new port is daunting enough.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #143 on: 29 / December / 2011, 10:42:02 »

Thank you! I was looking for the stable release. I browsed trough svn branches a few times and I always missed the "release-1_0" branch. (serious D'oh)

Any way, new update based on stable CHDK 1.0:

(same links, new files)
* beta build (2011.12.29): DISKBOOT.BIN firmware version 1.00b, use the Card Lock method
* beta source (2011.12.29): chdk.a2200.zip based on CHDK version 1.0 (stable)

Same notes as few posts higher, with addition:

When entering AFL mode CHDK widgets disappear, so easiest way to use Override Subj. Dist. is to use zoom for manual focus (set step in menu then go to screen, press DISPLAY and use zoom control to adjust focus).

« Reply #144 on: 01 / January / 2012, 05:21:30 »
 weird, out of frustration I tried using the Nilinhim's DISKBOOT.BIN for 1.00b and it worked on my 1.00c..:o

« Reply #145 on: 01 / January / 2012, 05:24:46 »
weird, out of frustration I tried using the Nilinhim's DISKBOOT.BIN for 1.00b and it worked on my 1.00c..:o

Hm, they might be compatible enough to just declare them as copy's in the camera manifesto and build them.

« Reply #146 on: 01 / January / 2012, 09:33:36 »
Hm, they might be compatible enough to just declare them as copy's in the camera manifesto and build them.
Do a diff on the stubs_entry.S files for each.  If they are the same then you are probably okay doing just that.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #147 on: 01 / January / 2012, 11:03:28 »
Do a diff on the stubs_entry.S files for each.  If they are the same then you are probably okay doing just that.

I downloaded the 1.00C firmware dump from box.com/chdk, build it and compared the diff's: they are the same (except for the version declaration). Here's a build of 1.00C version using COPY_TO declaration in camera_list.csv to test out if it works: CHDK-a2200-100c-1.0.0_BETA.zip

I did the same for 1.00D, but unfortunately it differs quite a bit  :(

« Reply #148 on: 01 / January / 2012, 12:39:35 »
I can also confirm that it boots and works on a 8 GB, FAT32 formatted SD-card!

« Reply #149 on: 01 / January / 2012, 19:01:04 »
OK, I'm having some problems trying to use all the space on my 8GB SD card. I've created 2 partitions on the card in Windows, using Minitool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.0: A small 8MB FAT partition for CHDK, and a FAT32 partition filling the rest of the space.

Of course, Windows can't see the second partition, but a Ubuntu virtual machine running under VirtualBox can (the SD card is set as a "raw" disk in VirtualBox, which should provide total access to it). I've read from, and written to, both of these partitions under that virtual machine. I've also made the CHDK partition bootable using Cardtricks.

CHDK does indeed boot - but then complains there's insufficient space on the SD card. It's as if it can't see the second partition. Since the last week or so has been my first experience with CHDK it's entirely possible I'm doing all of this wrongly. It's also possible I need to partition / format the card on a "real" Linux machine and not a virtual one so, before I go wiping an old PC to install Linux on it, can someone confirm that this version of CHDK does indeed work properly on an SD card with 2 partitions?