A2200 IS porting thread - page 23 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

A2200 IS porting thread

• 515 Replies
Re: A2200 IS porting thread
« Reply #220 on: 31 / January / 2012, 03:42:37 »
Advertisements
Hi.
I'm having trouble booting CHDK on my A2200 with firmware 1.00d. I tried the latest build posted in this thread.
Extracted the files and copied them to the first partition (~40 MB Fat16) on the card, the second partition is Fat32 and takes up all the remaining space.
The firmware check works, but i don't see the firmware update option in the menu as described in the various tutorials or in the readme.
Am i missing something important? And shouldn't there be a "PS.FIR" or "PS.FI2" included in the archive?
I'm a bit confused now, could someone please point me to the right direction? Thanx.

« Reply #221 on: 31 / January / 2012, 04:14:15 »
Hi.
I'm having trouble booting CHDK on my A2200 with firmware 1.00d. I tried the latest build posted in this thread.
Extracted the files and copied them to the first partition (~40 MB Fat16) on the card, the second partition is Fat32 and takes up all the remaining space.
The firmware check works, but i don't see the firmware update option in the menu as described in the various tutorials or in the readme.
Am i missing something important? And shouldn't there be a "PS.FIR" or "PS.FI2" included in the archive?
I'm a bit confused now, could someone please point me to the right direction? Thanx.

A2200 dosen't support booting from multiple partitions, since it can boot from FAT32 partition.

Create one single FAT32 partition and modify the "BOOTDISK" flag on your card reflecting previous link nad it should work.

« Reply #222 on: 31 / January / 2012, 05:34:39 »
A2200 dosen't support booting from multiple partitions, since it can boot from FAT32 partition.

Create one single FAT32 partition and modify the "BOOTDISK" flag on your card reflecting previous link nad it should work.
Ah, thanks for that hint, i really missed that. Have tried it - without success yet - but i did it in a bit of a hurry, so it might be my own fault. I have to catch some sleep now and try again tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far. :)

« Reply #223 on: 02 / February / 2012, 02:03:17 »
what about the focus and zoom during video? this will be fixed?

« Reply #224 on: 02 / February / 2012, 02:15:11 »
what about the focus and zoom during video? this will be fixed?

Can't make any promises!

A2200 doesn't support AFscan during video, so no auto focus. As for manual zoom and focus, the camera still crashes if those two are enabled.

« Reply #225 on: 02 / February / 2012, 12:01:28 »
So bad. Will hope for the best.

« Reply #226 on: 02 / February / 2012, 12:51:37 »
If the last post for the 100D works but still has issues with focusing, then try this build.

Finally got around to testing the subject distance override (in program mode). Unfortunately, the camera crashes when I turn the feature on in <alt> mode, switch to normal mode and half-press. Everything is fine if I turn it off.

Btw, the menu has different colours in playback and shooting modes. Is this normal?

« Reply #227 on: 02 / February / 2012, 17:58:43 »
If the last post for the 100D works but still has issues with focusing, then try this build.

Finally got around to testing the subject distance override (in program mode). Unfortunately, the camera crashes when I turn the feature on in <alt> mode, switch to normal mode and half-press. Everything is fine if I turn it off.

Btw, the menu has different colours in playback and shooting modes. Is this normal?
Sorry to hear the subject distance dont work still, thats works fine on the 3300, I dont see much differ in the 2 cams, strange it dont work.

But the focus doesnt crash during LUA now though right?

Also, the colors are differ in play and rec mode, that is correct, no way 2 make them differ as of now the way chdk is set up. I made them correct for shoot mode since that is more used then playmode.

I know, Nilinhim was trying to use mem addresses to choose colors but I use the chdk pellette option and created a new pallette 14 just for my camera which works great for shoot mode so since I edited the 100D off my port that is what yours uses as well.

Maybe Nilinhim can use the mem address option if he thinks its working good for the 100a, I dont have a 2200 so I cant work on that from here.
« Last Edit: 02 / February / 2012, 18:06:31 by mk11174 »

« Reply #228 on: 02 / February / 2012, 20:31:51 »
why there is no option of diaphragm setting? this camera have diaphragm, but no light filtr

« Reply #229 on: 02 / February / 2012, 22:41:39 »
Typically the lower price Canon P&S cameras do not have adjustable apertures (diaphragm).   The f-stop range you see in the specs reflects the effective f-stop as you change zoom settings.  Maybe the A2200 is different but I could not find anything with a quick Google search that indicates it has an adjustable diaphragm.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16