I want to use the overrides but without the scripts - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

I want to use the overrides but without the scripts

• 4 Replies
I want to use the overrides but without the scripts
« on: 02 / April / 2011, 15:15:45 »
Advertisements
Hi there,

I don't know who to thank for the CHDK. And with my Canon S95, my saturdays have been busy and fun for it.

Here's my problem. I've been testing different scripts. Now, I want to simply use the overrides. No scripts. But for some reason, I can't stop the last script from running. Even the default script doesn't allow me to go back to other features.

Thanks so much for your help. It's truly appreciated!

Laters,

J

Offline reyalp

Re: I want to use the overrides but without the scripts
« Reply #1 on: 02 / April / 2011, 15:50:24 »
Hi there,

I don't know who to thank for the CHDK. And with my Canon S95, my saturdays have been busy and fun for it.

Here's my problem. I've been testing different scripts. Now, I want to simply use the overrides. No scripts. But for some reason, I can't stop the last script from running. Even the default script doesn't allow me to go back to other features.

Thanks so much for your help. It's truly appreciated!
I'm not sure what you mean by not allowing you to go back to other features. To set overrides, go into alt mode and use menu to set whatever overrides you want. To shoot with the overrides enabled, leave alt mode and shoot.

In alt mode, the currently selected script is always shown. This does not mean it is running, it just tells you what script will run if you press the shutter. Pressing the shutter in alt mode always starts a script.

I suggest reading http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 02 / April / 2011, 16:08:29 »
Dear Guru,

You're right about everything. Maybe there's something I don't understand.

If I start shooting pictures, while in normal (not alt) mode. The overrides will still take effect? I thought the overrides worked only when in Alt mode.

That means that if I don't want the scripts to run, but I do want the overrides, all I have to do is not be in alt mode, just stay in normal mode.

I'm I getting this right?

Thanks!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 02 / April / 2011, 16:28:38 »
If I start shooting pictures, while in normal (not alt) mode. The overrides will still take effect?
Yes. Alt mode is just used to access CHDK settings. The overrides will be in effect when you shoot in normal mode. You cannot shoot in alt mode except from a script.
That means that if I don't want the scripts to run, but I do want the overrides, all I have to do is not be in alt mode, just stay in normal mode.
You need to go into alt mode to access chdk menu and set the override settings. You need to shoot in normal mode.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #4 on: 04 / April / 2011, 02:44:58 »
@simplexity

Here you'll find more information about CHDK usage: --> CHDK user manual