ptpcam gui - page 4 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

ptpcam gui

• 95 Replies

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
Re: ptpcam gui
« Reply #30 on: 30 / September / 2011, 17:37:50 »
Advertisements
I try to connect ptpCamGUI to A630 (CHDK build 1344) and get error note saying camera version 2.1 but supported 2.0. What is wrong?

In changeset 1316 was changed the version number of the ptp modul: http://tools.assembla.com/chdk/changeset/1316/trunk/core/ptp.h

ptpCamGui check the version number of the PTP modul in CHDK and at the moment it needs 2.0.

You can change the number in ptp.h (line 4) and compile a new version.

For such changes we need a better consultation, if the GUI should work for both versions, CHDK and CHDK-DE. The changings in revision 1316 are more experimental (see discussion in PTP thread). This is the reason why we have not integrated them into CHDK-DE.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #31 on: 02 / October / 2011, 18:13:59 »
I am using chdk on my 540- downloaded abt 6 months ago.  I discovered today that there is a ptp chdk related programme that will allow me to control my camera remotely over usb from my computer.
But I am not a developer, and not sure what the shell is and cannot follow all the terms used in telling me how to set up ptp.
Is there a very simple set of directions that will tell me what to download, where to put it, and what to run to set things up?
My impression that all the programmes are on the computer side, that my 540 chdk will recognize the commands.
Thanks
John Elliott (Canada)

Offline msl

• CHDK-DE links
« Reply #32 on: 02 / October / 2011, 18:47:51 »
Is there a very simple set of directions that will tell me what to download, where to put it, and what to run to set things up?

You can find a little description here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6285.msg64905#msg64905

Install the alternative USB driver. ptpCamGui needs no installation. Extract the downloaded ptpCamGui package in a folder of your choice and then run ptpCamGui.

msl

Offline msl

• CHDK-DE links
« Reply #33 on: 06 / October / 2011, 07:40:43 »
Update ptpCamGui (revision 110)

The GUI is now working again with CHDK incl. ptp modul version 2.1.

Note: The GUI shows still the version 2.0 in status line.

msl

« Reply #34 on: 09 / October / 2011, 00:34:50 »
Sorry if this is a silly question, but: Is webcam functionality in the plans?

Offline msl

• CHDK-DE links
« Reply #35 on: 09 / October / 2011, 03:34:38 »
Is webcam functionality in the plans?

At the moment no. The previous solution for the live image transfer is more experimental and the developers are not yet in agreement about the future of this feature - see discussion in ptp developer thread.

msl

« Reply #36 on: 09 / October / 2011, 06:00:15 »
EWAVR's chdkcam supported LiveView and webcam mode.

What is the difference ?

« Reply #37 on: 09 / October / 2011, 08:57:06 »
Thanks to help here, I now can run ptp with chdk on my 540.  Since there is no guide re how to use the gui, I have a couple of questions about it:
Motion is one of the photo options.  Do I need to install the motion script in chdk on the camera first, or will motion work as is with the current chdk so long as ptp is running?

Is there a way of saving images directly to the computer hard drive from the camera buffer, or must it always be saved to the sd card?

PTP is a major accomplishment for our cameras.  I look forward to the eventual ability to view the led screen live on my computer as with the earlier ptp implementation.

Offline rudi

• A590IS_101B, SX260HS_100B
« Reply #38 on: 09 / October / 2011, 15:14:26 »
Quote from: 74prof
Motion is one of the photo options.  Do I need to install the motion script in chdk on the camera first, or will motion work as is with the current chdk so long as ptp is running?
Yes, I see. The current implementation runs only lua function md_detect_motion() and wait max. 10000ms for motion. There is not an action eg. shoot.
For a simple test use lua console:
1. switch to record
2. type code to console and run
Code: [Select]
if md_detect_motion()>0 then shoot() end
Quote from: 74prof
Is there a way of saving images directly to the computer hard drive from the camera buffer ...
No.

The early LiveView varinat chdkcam use a older ptp-protocol version and worked only with extra prepared chdk-versions. Newer cameras use a 256 byte color matrix for overlay colors. Chdkcam use only 16 byte packed color matrix.

rudi

« Reply #39 on: 10 / October / 2011, 10:04:09 »
I tried the recommended code in the ptp monitor.  It had no effect.

I assume the motion prompt in the gui is for when that feature is eventually added?

More important would be a return to the ability to show the camera led screen on the laptop in real time.  I gather that feature is eventually returning.