PowerShot SX230 HS - Porting Thread - page 54 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

PowerShot SX230 HS - Porting Thread

• 706 Replies

Offline funnel

Re: PowerShot SX230 HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #530 on: 26 / March / 2012, 13:48:24 »
Advertisements
No. The quality override will not with chdk in exmem. When chdk is loaded into extended memory it is placed at the end of the Jpeg buffer which limits the amount of data that can be stored in that buffer(to about 2-2.5Mb). If chdk is not in exmem the camera allows the data to be stored also further into the video compression buffer that's not used when taking photos.

Offline sylikc

• SX230HS 1.00c, SD750 1.02a ;)
« Reply #531 on: 29 / March / 2012, 19:06:41 »
Hi

@ sylikc
Please tell me what CHDK your are using. From CHDK or CHDK-DE.

I use the Version from CHDK-DE and i have no Problems with Video.

genie

Sorry guys and gals... I dropped off the forum again.  Anyway, I have used both CHDK and CHDK-DE with no avail. 

I'll have to see if this new patch works.  Thanks for all the great forensics work funnel.  Granted, I have no clue what piece of what code it's pointed at ;)

/sylikc
props to TPC + PhyrePhox for SD750 work: IXUS75/SD750 1.01a | 1.00b | 1.02a Thread
props to quietschi for multipartition support + button fixes!
SD750 bracketing issues

« Reply #532 on: 29 / March / 2012, 19:21:13 »
set_focus() doesn't seem to work for me on my SX230HS camera.  Am I doing it wrong?  :)

Result: Camera hangs.  Black screen.  Power-cycle required, and sometimes I have to remove the battery!
  • Camera is SX230HS, firmware 1.01A
  • Using LUA
  • I've tried various values, including set_focus(2000), set_focus(-1), set_focus(65535), etc.
Any ideas?  Or is it a known bug?  Work-arounds?

Thanks so much!
-- Geoff

Offline sylikc

• SX230HS 1.00c, SD750 1.02a ;)
« Reply #533 on: 31 / March / 2012, 00:06:12 »
Apparently the camera doesn't like to draw pixels on an inactive buffer. I fixed the code in gui_draw.c and works on my sx220. I couldn't crash it as far as I could test. I uploaded an experimental build for sx230 100c and 101a. I build it from reyalp_ptplive branch because it has the active buffer addresses already in stubs_min.s. Can somebody try it and report back? It fixes the crash on sx220 so it should on sx230.

Funnel,

I'm testing your build.  First off, it doesn't have dng support, ... ? "Failed to load _dng.flt"?

I'll test with the video this weekend...

/sylikc
props to TPC + PhyrePhox for SD750 work: IXUS75/SD750 1.01a | 1.00b | 1.02a Thread
props to quietschi for multipartition support + button fixes!
SD750 bracketing issues

Offline reyalp

« Reply #534 on: 31 / March / 2012, 00:40:56 »
I'm testing your build.  First off, it doesn't have dng support, ... ? "Failed to load _dng.flt"?
For builds based on the "trunk" version, you need all the modules in CHDK/MODULES along with diskboot.bin.

Since funnels build doesn't include the modules, you could try the ones from the trunk autobuild http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/
I believe they should be compatible, but I won't guarantee it.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline genie

« Reply #535 on: 31 / March / 2012, 14:11:00 »
Hello

I want the ALT - menu to be closed by gui.c or other functions.

Using exit_alt() or gui_kbd_leave() in gui.c or other functions will crash after a few seconds.

Even the attempt to simulate a key press within a function like kbd_key_press (KEY_PRINT) does not close the ALT - menu.

Can anyone help me?

regards
genie
Sorry for my bad English.I am a Bavarian and German is the only foreign language i speak.

« Reply #536 on: 31 / March / 2012, 14:24:05 »
I want the <ALT>  menu to be closed by gui.c or other functions.
When (or why) do you want it to do this ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline genie

« Reply #537 on: 31 / March / 2012, 14:37:06 »
Hello

When (or why) do you want it to do this ?

I want to click a entry in the ALT-menu and then it should close the menu and switch to that funktion.
For example: There is a entry in ALT-menu "Show GPS INFO". If you click that entry the ALT-menu should be closed and all Infos should be displayed outside of the ALT-menu

genie
Sorry for my bad English.I am a Bavarian and German is the only foreign language i speak.

« Reply #538 on: 31 / March / 2012, 19:31:41 »
I want to click a entry in the ALT-menu and then it should close the menu and switch to that funktion.
For example: There is a entry in ALT-menu "Show GPS INFO". If you click that entry the ALT-menu should be closed and all Infos should be displayed outside of the ALT-menu

Using exit_alt() or gui_kbd_leave() in gui.c or other functions will crash after a few seconds.
Even the attempt to simulate a key press within a function like kbd_key_press (KEY_PRINT) does not close the ALT - menu.
Well,  you are in the right area in the code.  Off the top of my head, it might be something to do with which task you have inserted your code into.   Calling these functions from the wrong task could mix up the keyboard task. 

What about setting a global flag in your code and then hacking kbd.c so that it sees it and assumes the "ALT" key has been set ?  Ugly but you are doing a "one off" in any case.

(reyalp will probably have a better idea here ...)
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline genie

« Reply #539 on: 01 / April / 2012, 05:46:31 »
Hi waterwingz

What about setting a global flag in your code and then hacking kbd.c so that it sees it and assumes the "ALT" key has been set ?  Ugly but you are doing a "one off" in any case.
I have tryed this so far but i do not find the right place/function in kbd.c for the routine to close ALT-menu. It would be great if have a suggestion for me where i should search for the right place in kbd.c to put in the code for closing ALT-menu

regards
genie