PowerShot SX230 HS - Porting Thread - page 22 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

PowerShot SX230 HS - Porting Thread

• 706 Replies
Re: PowerShot SX230 HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #210 on: 06 / August / 2011, 12:15:38 »
Advertisements
SX230HS Firmware version GM1.00c Beta 3:

Hi, I'm newbie here,just got my camera 1 mth ago. Thanks Genie for the good work on Beta 3.

I managed to do some test on Genies Beta3 GM1.00c:

STILL IMAGES:
So far tested Still Image working properly on :
1) Override (Tv/Av/ISO)
Tv : Fastest 1/3200s & longest 15s,            Av : F3.19 to F11
ISO : Min 10 - Max 12,800
Seems like there is CHDK|Camera ISO "conversion":
(1-7)|10, (8-9)|12,(10-11)|16,(12-14)|20, ...,<=5900|10,000,<=7600|12,800
E.g override CHDK ISO10    results in camera ISO16
     override CHDK ISO7600 results in camera ISO12800
2) Bracketing (Tv/Av/ISO ) with both Camera Continuous and Custom Timer modes
3) Time lapse script (Ultra Intervalometer) - with and w/o Override/Bracketing
4) Motion Detect (basic test - fired shots when there's movement)
5) Superfine compression works
6) Did not try on RAW as I do not know how to test it yet

VIDEO Recording:
However by using script to detect button pressed, I found out that the camera
- Playback button was assigned as "VIDEO" button, and
- Video button itself was unassigned.
Therefore any scripts that call click "video" will switch camera to playback mode
instead of start video recording.
Not sure I had miss out any setting or it's a bug ?

Thanks !

« Reply #211 on: 07 / August / 2011, 01:04:52 »
SX230HS Firmware version GM1.00c Beta 3:

PTPCAMGUI
Hi, I had further test on ptpcamgui2.0.100 (refer http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6285.0 (Reply #6)).

All PTPCAMGUI buttons works (Navigation, Playkback, Press_half), tested OK for Motion Detect ,Time Lapse, Bracketing , Set camera modes (e.g Manual ISO & Tv), set zoom in/out, camera off/reboot.
As expected the video recording cannot be tested due to CHDK wrongly assign "video" button to playback button.
What is not working is the file transfer (Download and Basic/Advance files copy to camera) where it complains "not enough memory" at camera LCD & PTPCAMGUI consolde

Thanks!

« Reply #212 on: 08 / August / 2011, 04:18:38 »
Whoa, set+disp now huh? Interesting. I just bought myself an SX230HS with GM1.01A yesterday, so I'm very happy to see there is some development already! I use CHDK on my SD770IS and SX20IS so will be glad to get it on this one ASAP.
afaik you can switch in the chdk menu, so you just have to use set+disp once to get there. although I don't know if the 5-second-thing is still working

btw: the clock is shown of u keep pressed set for a while in normal mode (quite handy thing)

« Reply #213 on: 16 / August / 2011, 07:40:35 »
Hiya

Sorry guys for not updating the 101a build in a while. I have one significant bug I have been trying to find without any luck. It currently crashs when the ISO is above 500, when using AutoISO, or fixed.

I susspect I have a wrong function stub, but not sure which one. The thing which is baffiling me, is that the camera crashes even when I restore the capt_seq task to the origional firmware..

Ill keep at it in my spare time.. If anyone else is good with a compiler/dubugger wants to give it a crack, PM me.

Thanks
Taliesin

« Reply #214 on: 17 / August / 2011, 05:58:57 »

Hi

I have been testing 101a build and confirm that it crashes when ISO is above 400. The GPS has stopped working, anyone has a problem with the GPS. Can it have any connection to the CHDK?

/jfk

« Reply #215 on: 17 / August / 2011, 06:30:52 »

Hi

I have been testing 101a build and confirm that it crashes when ISO is above 400. The GPS has stopped working, anyone has a problem with the GPS. Can it have any connection to the CHDK?

/jfk

interesting about the GPS, i would have expected that to go on as per normal ( in all but RAW capture ) as CHDK doesn't over write it at all.

I will add it to my list of things to look at..

Offline sylikc

• SX230HS 1.00c, SD750 1.02a ;)
« Reply #216 on: 17 / August / 2011, 20:24:50 »
taliesin,

great work so far... I just am not skilled enough with the debugger to help out finding the crashing.  My camera (which is now 1.0.1a) is thankful of your work ^^

Maybe I'll test the GPS portion tonight.  ... I finally jumped onto the B&H deal to get 32GB SD cards and use the autoload method funnel suggested.  It's way cool.

Having ISO 400 and above functionality makes this a day-use camera with CHDK.  Unlock the card and it becomes a night use camera.  It's great to boot without having multipartition!

/sylikc
props to TPC + PhyrePhox for SD750 work: IXUS75/SD750 1.01a | 1.00b | 1.02a Thread
props to quietschi for multipartition support + button fixes!
SD750 bracketing issues

« Reply #217 on: 17 / August / 2011, 21:14:00 »
Hi! I love CHDK! I just buy canon's cameras for the CHDK :P I want to help, to build this one, but I don't know how to make it, someone wanna help me? i want to help, I bought today the SX230 (but only because I saw the CHDK for this camera)  :D

My previous camera was the SX200, and the CHDK works exceptionally well, now i want to make it work in my SX230, but i cannot make it.. I copy this two files in my SD http://www.box.net/shared/gyb7jj68abmsvldiihf7 http://www.box.net/shared/yz0ij8jnlvink6d4ex95, I turn on the camera with the preview button, but when I update the firmware, the camera won't response, is just turned off, and nothing more.. To revive I need to take off the battery and reinsert it.. I wanna help if I could :) THUMBS UP FOR THIS CHDK!

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I speak spanish lol

Modify: I forgot one question.. I haven't buy a SD card yet because I want to make it autoload. The question is.. Can I make it autoload with a card with more than 4gb? with the SX200 I have a 4gb with fat16, but now i want a 16gb card, can I make autoload with one of 16Gb? and how? thanksfully =)
« Last Edit: 17 / August / 2011, 21:40:30 by sebastc09 »

« Reply #218 on: 18 / August / 2011, 00:42:58 »
Hi! I love CHDK! I just buy canon's cameras for the CHDK :P I want to help, to build this one, but I don't know how to make it, someone wanna help me? i want to help, I bought today the SX230 (but only because I saw the CHDK for this camera)  :D

My previous camera was the SX200, and the CHDK works exceptionally well, now i want to make it work in my SX230, but i cannot make it.. I copy this two files in my SD http://www.box.net/shared/gyb7jj68abmsvldiihf7 http://www.box.net/shared/yz0ij8jnlvink6d4ex95, I turn on the camera with the preview button, but when I update the firmware, the camera won't response, is just turned off, and nothing more.. To revive I need to take off the battery and reinsert it.. I wanna help if I could :) THUMBS UP FOR THIS CHDK!

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I speak spanish lol

Modify: I forgot one question.. I haven't buy a SD card yet because I want to make it autoload. The question is.. Can I make it autoload with a card with more than 4gb? with the SX200 I have a 4gb with fat16, but now i want a 16gb card, can I make autoload with one of 16Gb? and how? thanksfully =)

Are you sure you are using the correct version of CHDK as there are both 100a, and 101a around.

Using autoload on sd cards greater than 4gb work fine. you just have to manually tweak the SD card.

Good Luck
Taliesin

« Reply #219 on: 18 / August / 2011, 13:43:23 »
Hi Taliesin! I just found the version that I posted This one ( http://www.box.net/shared/gyb7jj68abmsvldiihf7 and http://www.box.net/shared/yz0ij8jnlvink6d4ex95 )

So.. With the autoload I can make an autoload sd card? without partition? How can I make it?

Thanks! :)

Stupid question: Autoload is a program to configure my SD card? Or I have to configure my card with the chdk to make it autoloadable?