A480 remote USB Switch actions - page 4 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum  

A480 remote USB Switch actions

• 35 Replies
Re: A480 remote USB Switch actions
« Reply #30 on: 16 / November / 2010, 12:08:39 »
Advertisements
Hi David,

Status report ( I am old and retured and do not understand sitrep!!) any way new software works with the flash both off AND on in the Auto and Program mode!!

Shot time is faster in the no flash mode than the flash mode , I guess there is more checking to do in the flash mode.

I did not try with the pulse stretcher in circuit as I had disassembled ready to rebuild in a in a more tidy fashion...is there much point in doing that now as all seems to work OK , touch wood etcetera!!

Cheers

Bryce

« Reply #31 on: 16 / November / 2010, 12:22:38 »
I am old and retured and do not understand sitrep!!

I am old and retired and have no idea what sitrep is !

Shot time is faster in the no flash mode than the flash mode [/q, I guess there is more checking to do in the flash mode.

With the new build that you have, the SDM code does not distinguish between flash and no flash.
In fact, it jumps over the check for flash charged.
So, there is nothing else that can be done.

is there much point in doing that now as all seems to work OK

No.

There is one option,  you can turn-off the flash and use some electronics to trigger an external flash as soon as the USB signal goes high .. or rather more accurately after a slight delay.

That requires some knowledge of course and there are dangers with older flash units.

The release version of SDM will still expect flash to be off otherwise it introduces a bug, I think with the Ricoh switch.

David

« Reply #32 on: 16 / November / 2010, 12:47:05 »
Thanks for your help ,I now have a working manual remote and a wireless remote which works with and without flash.

Off for a few days vacation to let my brain cool down!! so I can look at high speed image capture splashes in water etc when I get back

Cheers

« Reply #33 on: 16 / November / 2010, 12:55:41 »
I can look at high speed image capture splashes in water etc when I get back

When you do, contact me directly, i am working on a device that supports that (and many other things).

David

« Reply #34 on: 01 / June / 2011, 10:12:45 »
Hello!!! I am trying to find the way to shot the camera form the pc using the usb port, someone knows any whay to do it???

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #35 on: 02 / June / 2011, 03:48:18 »