Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared) - page 146 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared)

• 1679 Replies
Advertisements
As noted in the commit log, this patched made the battery door hack no longer hard coded. I added the OPT_RUN_WITH_BATT_COVER_OPEN to the corresponding parts of boot.c, so people not using the hack won't get the boot delay.
My patch did not do that so I assume you made that choice?  I guess it's fine for "standardization" but it will make things a little harder on script writers if they haven't figured out how to use chdkptp to xfer script files.   It really does not "cost" much to build it in and it does not really work in a non-standard manner if you don't actually use the feature.

The patch also removed some code involving altDownTimer in kbd.c. I'm not clear what it did, but figured I'd mention it in case you didn't mean to get rid of it.
My bad - in converting everything to match the other ports revised code I missed this. 

The Canon firmware for the ixus120 (and I presume some other cams) natively allows you to "short press" on the DISP key to change view in playback mode and "long press" to change display brightness.  Prior to us standardizing somewhat on the PLAYBACK key as the ALT key,  the ixus120 used the DISP key for ALT.   So that bit of code allowed a click to enter ALT,  short press to toggle playback display mode, and long press to toggle the brightness.  Useful but again not "standard".

Not sure how to handle this (or how many other cameras could use this)? Build as a custom kbd.c or modify the standard my_kbd_read_keys() to allow this as an option?

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

Continued in the kbd.c discussion, since this looks like more than a 2 post conversation: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12245.msg121236#msg121236
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline adong

New dancing bits and keysys for DryOS r55. Made against 4150.

Offline reyalp

New dancing bits and keysys for DryOS r55. Made against 4150.
Thanks, added in trunk r4151, stable r4152.

This patched contained a change to makefile.inc, which I did not include.

Patch file to add sx530hs to the 1.4.0 svn.  Marked SKIP_AUTOBUILD for now.

Based on jeronymoGustavo's work in the Porting a camera sx530hs thread.
« Last Edit: 04 / July / 2015, 15:07:35 by reyalp »

Offline reyalp

Patch file to add sx530hs to the 1.4.0 svn.  Marked SKIP_AUTOBUILD for now.

Based on jeronymoGustavo's work in the Porting a camera sx530hs thread.
Added, trunk 4181. Comments in http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12418.msg123295#msg123295

Re: Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared)
« Reply #1456 on: 09 / August / 2015, 11:22:37 »
A small patch file for CHDK 1.3.0 so that uBASIC scripts don't throw a syntax error if there is an @chdk_version statement in the script.

« Reply #1457 on: 09 / August / 2015, 11:59:23 »
Two more small patch files for uBASIC.   

Changes  set_remote_timing  to be a statement rather than a factor.   I believe this is more consistent with uBASIC style (i.e. does not force user to check the return value).

Also a small parsing fix for usb_sync_wait in 1.4.0

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1458 on: 09 / August / 2015, 17:40:20 »
A small patch file for CHDK 1.3.0 so that uBASIC scripts don't throw a syntax error if there is an @chdk_version statement in the script.
Added in 4216
Two more small patch files for uBASIC.   

Changes  set_remote_timing  to be a statement rather than a factor.   I believe this is more consistent with uBASIC style (i.e. does not force user to check the return value).

Also a small parsing fix for usb_sync_wait in 1.4.0
Added in trunk 4217, release 1.3 4218. As discussed in IRC, I changed the 1.3 version to continue allowing the old syntax. I doubt anyone is using this, but may as well stick to the "stable versions script compatible" where possible.

« Reply #1459 on: 06 / February / 2016, 17:25:22 »
Wow - first submitted patch in almost six months.  That must be something of a record.

Patch to fix OSD keyboard for Powershot N & Powershot N Facebook when CHDK OSD is rotated 180 deg.

(per http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12684.msg126574#msg126574)

Also removed a bit of dead code just because.  As noted elsewhere,  the touchscreen code for the four or five ported cameras needs to be harmonized at some point.