Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared) - page 77 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared)

• 1679 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Advertisements
Here's my updated patch to prevent the possibility of a SD override related crash on the Ixus850/SD800. I think this code will need some cleanup in the future - but that would require tests on cameras none of the current developers have...

Patch file to add the ixus115_elph100hs alpha7 source to the dev trunk. 

This version recovered from alpha5 version in forum thread http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6751.msg78653#msg78653. 

Submitted as ALPHA - SKIP_AUTOBUILD so the code does not get "lost" again.   Tested on camera - it boots and runs.  However, there are problems with RAW and with shooting commands in scripts,  all noted in the forum thread given above.

Update :   not worth adding yet - found and fixed several fundamental problem.  New patch file to follow.
« Last Edit: 06 / July / 2012, 21:23:26 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

EnterTo/ExitFromCompensationEVF correction for A450 :)
The functions are correctly found by finsig, but were overridden - with a nasty typo (?). Applies to both trunk and 1.0 .

Offline reyalp

EnterTo/ExitFromCompensationEVF correction for A450 :)
The functions are correctly found by finsig, but were overridden - with a nasty typo (?). Applies to both trunk and 1.0 .
Added, trunk changeset 1956 release changeset 1957
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Attached is a patch, that adds a few features to Snake:
  • Load levels from file (A/CHDK/SNAKE.LEV)
  • Correct background drawing
  • Colored points
  • Time and Battery
  • Pause (with SET)
  • Controlling with orientation sensor
  • Different start positions for every level
More info's here

I've found an error in the text box. Attached is an image that shows the problem (the black part at the bottom (transparent) should be grey) and an patch to fix it.
« Last Edit: 07 / July / 2012, 14:58:37 by TobiMarg »

Patch to add user configurable ALT key  (Display or Playback keys) to the IXUS120-SD940  (dev trunk).

Two small patches to correct what I believe is an incorrect cut&paste of code from the IXUS120 kbd.c file to the IXUS220 and IXUS230.

The code in the IXU120 uses a counter variable (altDownTimer) in the routine my_kbd_read_keys() to time how long the DISP button is held down.  This allows the DISP key on a CHDK equiped IXUS120 to have three functions :
  • short press activates <ALT>
  • medium press changes display mode (logos etc)
  • long press changes display brightness
The code supplements  the "short press / long press" logic implemented in core/kbd.c that lets a short press start <ALT> mode and a longer press give the original key functionality.

The IXUS120 code is copied almost exactly to the kbd.c files for the IXUS220 & IXUS230.   According to the comments,  the author(s) apparently believed its purpose was to provide the "short press/long press" logic that is actually handled by core/kbd.c.     However,  the code cannot provide that functionality (or the three state logic given to the IXUS120) because it is implemented to use the wrong physw_status entry - i.e. :

Code: [Select]
physw_status[0] &= ~alt_mode_key_mask;  // press the VIDEO button
rather than

Code: [Select]
physw_status[2] &= ~alt_mode_key_mask;  // press the VIDEO button
The patch file(s) delete the unnecessary logic and prevent the code from writing to the wrong physw_status register with possible unpredictable results.

Offline reyalp

Patch to add user configurable ALT key  (Display or Playback keys) to the IXUS120-SD940  (dev trunk).
Added, trunk changeset 1968

I've found an error in the text box. Attached is an image that shows the problem (the black part at the bottom (transparent) should be grey) and an patch to fix it.
Added, trunk  changeset 1969
« Last Edit: 10 / July / 2012, 01:15:20 by reyalp »

Offline reyalp

Two small patches to correct what I believe is an incorrect cut&paste of code from the IXUS120 kbd.c file to the IXUS220 and IXUS230.
Added in trunk changeset 1972 release changeset 1973