CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing : - page 4 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing :

• 126 Replies
Re: CHDK for the G10 : Beta Release Testing
« Reply #30 on: 02 / August / 2011, 00:21:45 »
Advertisements
On a positive note,  beta tester dan4307 was looking at the "video quality" setting capability of CHDK on the G10-1.02A and taught me that you can change this while actually making a video !   

I just had to try it and here's a really amateur video of my keyboard as I change video quality from 80 to 5 and back to 80.  Watch the letters on the keyboard (especially the letter N) and the ones above the LED's in the center of the keyboard split.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYWwTY1MTH4#

This looked much better prior to the YouTube upload process but I won't be quitting my day job to product videos any time soon.    I think we can agree that this CHDK feature works on the G10 !   Thnks dan4307 !
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline JK4U

« Reply #31 on: 02 / August / 2011, 14:11:23 »
Any idea about the sudden shutdown when the play button is pressed? Tried the debug messages, but they diappear as soon as I try to reproduce the error - perhaps a live-output on a PC (via USB conn) could shine light on it...?
Depends on when you press the play button I guess.   It functions as a power on/off button so pressing it when in play mode will shut down the camera.  That is normal.

Also, you mentioned at one point that your ran a script prior the play button causing a shutdown.  Depending on what was in your script,  it might have been trying to do things that are not enabled yet and behaviour after that is anyones guess.

The play button makes the camera shut down as if the batt has been removed - suddenly and fully. Only the on/off makes it come back to life, but often the cam shuts down without even starting the screen, right after the beep. Happens when play is pressed after a picture has been taken - review function. The script was the standard script - no specific one that had been loaded.

« Reply #32 on: 02 / August / 2011, 20:18:54 »
News for August 2nd

1) dogbert74  has been doing quite a bit of successful testing with this G10 1.03B.  Today he seems to have ended up with the dreaded lens error.  Its not clear if this related to testing CHDK - he had put the camera away in his backpack working and when he took it back out 30 minutes later the camera would no longer start.

2) I have all the CHDK tasks running on my 1.02A version !! I've been playing successfully with flash and shutter overrides.  CHDK RAW does not work though - the camera hangs - so I need to work on that.  This phase of the testing may take a while (I'm on vacation next week) and I don't plan to post another public beta until the version on my camera has shown to be stable and the beta test team has tried it out too.

3) Still getting reports of problems with the 1.04A having strange behavior with the On/Off and [>] Playback button.  Some users report no problems,  others are having serious issues.  Tester matto reported problems with a 16G dual partition card that went away when he switched to a 2G single partition card.   I'm going to try to get the 1.02A stable before I worry about what might be wrong with the 1.04A version - the code looks really clean and comparable to the 1.02A.

« Reply #33 on: 03 / August / 2011, 11:24:16 »
I think I need a bit of help. I have 1.02A, got the Beta2b, unarchived on the card, but cannot get to the "Firm Update". I tried with the card locked and not, with the door open and closed, pressing twice the Play button, with lenses open and closed...
I tried with two cards, both unpartitioned.
What I'm missing?
« Last Edit: 03 / August / 2011, 11:27:05 by altero »

« Reply #34 on: 03 / August / 2011, 11:40:16 »
What I'm missing?
Please carefully read all the way through this post : Instructions for Beta 2 Release

I think that should explain it.

Offline Lebeau

« Reply #35 on: 03 / August / 2011, 12:17:56 »
Bonjour waterwingz,

Just try beta2 on my brother's G10 1.04A. Start very well (using play then trigger), functional menus and OSD display.

He expect to use motion detection and lua scripts.

Will follow this thread ... Good job !

« Reply #36 on: 03 / August / 2011, 12:31:19 »
Start very well (using play then trigger), functional menus and OSD display.
Salut M. Lebeau.

You should also be able to start the G10 directly into shooting mode by holding down the On/Off button for 2 seconds.

It will be a little while longer before your brother can play with scripts and motion detection.  I have everything running now for firmware 1.02A but unfortunately firmware 1.04A is giving me problems.

« Reply #37 on: 04 / August / 2011, 17:55:28 »
Hi,

I have a G10, firmware 1.03B. I formatted a 2GB card in the camera and loaded the beta2b files onto the card.
I can get the version information but can not get CHDK to load. I saw notes about booting from "SD Card Lock" only. How do I do that?

I tried starting the camera with the battery door open but neither the regular power or replay buttons will start the camera if the door is open.

Also, is there a way to upgrade this model to the 1.04a firmware?

I have been running CHDK satisfactorily on my SD300 so this is not my first time using CHDK. I just got the G10 and will eventually want the same features.

Thanks.

« Reply #38 on: 04 / August / 2011, 18:24:58 »
I saw notes about booting from "SD Card Lock" only. How do I do that?
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Bootable_SD_card

I tried starting the camera with the battery door open but neither the regular power or replay buttons will start the camera if the door is open.
The ability to start with the battery door open is a feature only available when using "SD Card Lock" boot method.  Note :  not every CHDK port supports this either.

Also, is there a way to upgrade this model to the 1.04a firmware?
Short answer = no.  But there is no need to upgrade anyway.

« Reply #39 on: 04 / August / 2011, 18:43:50 »
Thanks. I'm booting to CHDK now.