CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing : - page 8 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing :

• 126 Replies
Re: CHDK for the G10 : Beta Release Testing
« Reply #70 on: 27 / August / 2011, 13:47:17 »
Advertisements
55 downloads so far now that this is public - 1 comment (thanks hanibal)

feedback make these projects go - what works and what doesn't ....  (beta test team was great though - thanks to the crew)

I've been lurking on this forum for a year or so now hoping the G10 would be added to the list. I'm too thick to offer any useful help but greatly appreciate all the time and effort put into this project by waterwingz. A massive thanks. I have a load of questions but think I should do a bit more reading on the subject and experiment first before making myself look a right wally.
Cheers

« Reply #71 on: 27 / August / 2011, 15:26:49 »
I have a load of questions but think I should do a bit more reading on the subject and experiment first before making myself look a right wally.

Go to http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK and scroll down to the Basic Articles section.  Lots of good introductary stuff there.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #72 on: 27 / August / 2011, 16:09:07 »
I have something to ask, and I don't think it's a bug (or it is?):
- Canon RAW deactivated;
- CHDK RAW activated;
- save as DNG (it saves as DNG);
- when I scroll in File Browser, I select the DNGs with RIGHT (sometimes the DNGs gets yellow, sometimes - red);
- with the DNGs selected, I do LEFT and select RAW Average;
- sometimes I get a progress bar, and for each RAW I get a WAV; sometimes, no progress bar at all.

I was thinking that the Average thing will do one image from all the RAWs selected, as explained in the Manual (CHDK_UserGuide_April_2009A4.pdf), but even when I get the progress bar, the result is one file for each RAW. All the RAWs are done one by one (not burst), same subject, from a stable surface.

So:
- why sometimes the files are selected as yellow, and sometimes as red?
- why sometimes I get the progress bar, othertimes not?
- why the Average is not working?

If it's not a bug, maybe somebody more experienced can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #73 on: 27 / August / 2011, 16:44:39 »
raw operations do not work on DNG, only pure chdk raw.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #74 on: 27 / August / 2011, 17:15:31 »
Thank you reyalp, I got one WAV from 5 CRWs.
Now I have to figure how to open that WAV (I'm on Mac).

Offline reyalp

« Reply #75 on: 27 / August / 2011, 17:25:28 »
Thank you reyalp, I got one WAV from 5 CRWs.
Now I have to figure how to open that WAV (I'm on Mac).
The WAV is not an actual WAV, it's in the same format as the CRWs. The it's just an extension that is used so it doesn't conflict with other files. CRW is also  *not* the actual Canon CRW format, it's just a dump of the framebuffer: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Raw

You can use 'raw develop' in camera to create a jpeg from the merged raw.

Some software (dcraw and derivatives like ufraw, rawtherapee etc) may understand the CHDK raw, but this depends on the particular camera.

« Reply #76 on: 27 / August / 2011, 17:33:49 »
Some software (dcraw and derivatives like ufraw, rawtherapee etc) may understand the CHDK raw, but this depends on the particular camera.
As I don't believe anyone would have submittted anything from the brand new G10 CHDK port to the dcraw person,  it seems unlikely anything will open it yet.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #77 on: 27 / August / 2011, 17:39:22 »
As I don't believe anyone would have submittted anything from the brand new G10 CHDK port to the dcraw person,  it seems unlikely anything will open it yet.
Sometimes the sensor layout is identical to an already supported camera.

« Reply #78 on: 27 / August / 2011, 18:27:59 »
Sometimes the sensor layout is identical to an already supported camera.

but if CHDK RAW is just a dump of the sensor image (no format info to tell you rows & columns for example) then how can it tell ?

Update : Thinking some more, I guess the likelihood of two sensors creating exactly the same size RAW image but having different numbers of rows and columns is pretty low.
« Last Edit: 27 / August / 2011, 21:54:48 by waterwingz »

« Reply #79 on: 28 / August / 2011, 07:29:00 »
You can use 'raw develop' in camera to create a jpeg from the merged raw.

Tried that, but I get the message: Please switch camera to record mode and take one shot.