How can I shoot without the lenses? - page 12 - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum

How can I shoot without the lenses?

• 121 Replies
Re: How can I shoot without the lenses?
« Reply #110 on: 28 / July / 2015, 11:03:13 »
Advertisements
This version disables IS after 30 seconds http://www.zshare.net/download/93648513c29f5fab/
Hi, I have an IXUS 105 with the same firmware and which apparently has the same E32 ISDriveError. Since the www.zshare.net website doesn't work anymore, can you please re-upload that fix for me, please?
Thanks in advance.
That link is to a very old version of SDM (not CHDK) and it's not clear from rereading the thread that it actually worked.   There was a post much later that apparently did work but again,  you would be using a very old version of SDM

It would be fairly easy to do a custom build of the current CHDK 1.3.0 trunk that includes the "DisableLensError" function call mentioned in this thread if you want to try that?  Depending on what is actually wrong with your camera, it may or may not work.   srsa_4c can probably do this better / faster than I can but if he is busy and not able to respond to this then I will give it a try if you are willing to live through a couple of test iterations.

What firmware version do you have?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #111 on: 28 / July / 2015, 13:38:45 »
Thanks for the answer!
Acording to ver.req file, the camera model and firmware version are exactly the same as sh1981's IXUS 105:

Page 1:
Canon IXUS 105
P-ID:31F4 PAL D

Frimware Ver GM1.00D (1.0.0.0)
Adv Ver.006.010
Serial No. 063063045757

Page 2:
Build: Mar 26 2010  14:51:06
E32 ISDriveError
2015.07.28  18:20:06

Page 3:
Mecha Firm Ver. 3.01
MechaDSP Firm Ver.  1.03

I "installed" CHDK on that camera in 2012 (without problems) and never updated since then. The CHDK version is 1.1 - sd1300-100d-1.1.0-2269-full_ALPHA.
When I want to use CHDK, I use the "update firmware" option.
The camera is currently working well, with no strange noises or image issues, but started to retract the lens after 60seconds turned on (and showing the  E32 ISDriveError).
I'm willing to live through a couple of test iterations, although I know only some basic stuff in programming.
« Last Edit: 28 / July / 2015, 13:44:40 by Scout74 »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #112 on: 28 / July / 2015, 20:18:29 »
The short Lua script in this post should prevent camera shutdown, but as mentioned, you may need to re-run it after rec-play mode transitions.

Alternatively, the patch (diff) attached to this post should be easy to adapt to the ixus 105 (the function address can be found in the funcs_by_*.csv files in platform/ixus105_sd1300/sub/100d).

« Reply #113 on: 28 / July / 2015, 21:29:22 »
The short Lua script in this post should prevent camera shutdown, but as mentioned, you may need to re-run it after rec-play mode transitions.

Alternatively, the patch (diff) attached to this post should be easy to adapt to the ixus 105 (the function address can be found in the funcs_by_*.csv files in platform/ixus105_sd1300/sub/100d).
Patch file for the ixus105 (trunk 1.3.0) attached.  The Lua test script mentioned is attached as well.

I have PM'd you a link to the actual build for your camera.

Update :  if you are getting these errors all the time,  you may want to have CHDK load automatically at boot.  The easiest way to do that is to have STICK  configure your card for you and then copy the files in the zip file I sent you on top of the files loaded by STICK.  Then put the SD Lock switch on the card into the locked position and CHDK will load automatically each time the camera is started.
« Last Edit: 28 / July / 2015, 21:45:54 by waterwingz »

« Reply #114 on: 29 / July / 2015, 12:15:00 »
Thanks, I will post the result as soon as i can test it!

« Reply #115 on: 30 / July / 2015, 06:14:14 »
Okay, I made several photo and recording tests, and even let the camera on for a couple of minutes. The 'new' CHDK build works like a charm and the E32 error is gone!

Thank you very much!

« Reply #116 on: 14 / September / 2015, 13:46:30 »
Hi,

I have a Ixus 130 which I want to use without lens on a telescope.

CHKD 1.4

I think I have some luck getting rid of the E32 error in Play Mode, but still after changing to Rec Mode I get the Error (no number!) "Objektivfehler Kamera wird ausgeschaltet..." ( ??? cant switch to english now, battery is empty).

I have ready many posts here but still have some Qs.

* I put CHDK on SD to have it boot, for that I need the write protect set to LOCK. But can I then make images? I am confused.

* Will it at all be possible to use my fubar'ed camera (just ripped the lens off  :-X) without lens? In the post above there seems to be hope with a additional patch?

* I am wondering if I did understand the autostart scripts. Are there more than one? So do I need to set one for rec mode and one for play? I could not find a documentation for that. Hint welcome.

Best,
Carsten
« Last Edit: 14 / September / 2015, 13:48:51 by calli »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #117 on: 14 / September / 2015, 14:08:30 »
I think I have some luck getting rid of the E32 error in Play Mode, but still after changing to Rec Mode I get the Error (no number!) "Objektivfehler Kamera wird ausgeschaltet..."
That's "lens error" in English and there's no easy way to get rid of it.
In-camera software solutions did not work out (that would require extensive research).
You have two options:
- reconnect the lens unit (solder wires between the lens unit and its connector)
- find the approx. 2-3 photointerrupters that are used to give feedback about the lens position and feed them with appropriate pulses during lens operations
See the links in this post.

* I put CHDK on SD to have it boot, for that I need the write protect set to LOCK. But can I then make images? I am confused.
Yes, once CHDK is running, it will mask the write protect switch.
* I am wondering if I did understand the autostart scripts. Are there more than one? So do I need to set one for rec mode and one for play? I could not find a documentation for that. Hint welcome.
You'll need to re-run the e32 script whenever you switch between shooting and playback mode.

« Reply #118 on: 14 / September / 2015, 19:18:00 »
Hi,

I really apreciate your quick answer.

I thought (I am not a dev) that such points where hardware switches are detected could be found easy and rerouted to an own function (which maybe gives the right answers to skip the error).

Rewire the lens... Well,,,  :-X :-X I guess I fucked it up beyond repair. I would consider a hardware solution with a little Atmel to send the right pulses if I would be sure that the camera performs good at my telescope... But just for a test I am not sure.

How do I run a script when switching between rec and play?

Best,
Carsten

PS: Sorry not to quote, that captcha puzzle drives me crazy on the first attempt to answer.

« Reply #119 on: 14 / September / 2015, 21:28:01 »
I thought (I am not a dev) that such points where hardware switches are detected could be found easy and rerouted to an own function (which maybe gives the right answers to skip the error).
I'm assuming you have not done a lot of reverse assembly work staring with just a binary dump?  Otherwise you would not have assumed that "that such points where hardware switches are detected could be found easy ".   It's quite possible they could be found but "easy" would not be an adverb to describe the process required.

How do I run a script when switching between rec and play?
If you mean have a script run automatically when switching modes,  you can't.

PS: Sorry not to quote, that captcha puzzle drives me crazy on the first attempt to answer.
It goes away after you have posted a few times.   Scares away the spammers and bots - we used to have a lot of trouble with those.