How can I shoot without the lenses? - page 4 - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum

How can I shoot without the lenses?

• 121 Replies

Offline sh1981

Re: How can I shoot without the lenses?
« Reply #30 on: 10 / August / 2011, 17:56:27 »
Advertisements
Ok so far what I gather is that Image Stablization is shot.

I "feel" image stablization is still working though. Is there any way to confirm this?
A proud owner of Canon IXUS 105

Offline sh1981

« Reply #31 on: 11 / August / 2011, 11:30:32 »
I dont suppose trying any of these http://www.e18error.com/repair.html would help in my case, after all we reckon its not a lens error.

Tried contacting canon, apparently I have to send it all the way to Wales on my own expense, then retrieve it, again on my own expense, how ridiculous. They have Canon service centers in Pakistan but since we fall in the "Middle East" category, they wont service a European IXUS.

When I bought this camera I didnt know about CHDK or SDM at all. I bought it based on the fact that it had lens based image stablization, not to mention that 15 second shutter also swayed me.

Thing is I'd gotten so attached to my camera, it helped me capture some of the best moments of my life.

Hoping Microfunguy the genius would come up with something, he always does. However, do you guys reckon I should take it to a camera repair shop and try to gets its whole lens assembly replaced? I mean, I dont know where exactly this IS system would be located but my guess is its in the lens.

Shouldve bought one of those olyumpus tough cameras :/

« Reply #32 on: 11 / August / 2011, 11:40:21 »

Offline sh1981

Offline sh1981

« Reply #34 on: 12 / August / 2011, 11:28:04 »
Well...today I finally mustered up the courage to download whims tool and give it a go myself. As luck would have it, box.net is banned here.  :o

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #35 on: 12 / August / 2011, 11:47:13 »
Well...today I finally mustered up the courage to download whims tool and give it a go myself. As luck would have it, box.net is banned here.  :o

Are you referring to CHDK-shell? If so, which filesharing site can you actually use? Can you download attachments from this forum?
And, what exactly is that you want to try? The function funnel has found?

Offline sh1981

« Reply #36 on: 12 / August / 2011, 13:54:43 »
Well...today I finally mustered up the courage to download whims tool and give it a go myself. As luck would have it, box.net is banned here.  :o

Are you referring to CHDK-shell? If so, which filesharing site can you actually use? Can you download attachments from this forum?
And, what exactly is that you want to try? The function funnel has found?

Yes, I'm referring to CHDK-Shell.

I'm not sure which one I can use so far, zshare, box.net, rapidshare seem to be blocked.

Surprisingly I was able to download http://tools.assembla.com/chdk/changeset/339/trunk?old_path=%2F&format=zip which shows I'm able to download from this assembla.com however its not the full CHDK-Shell. Got the link to above from here http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,845.0.html

Yes my intention is to try the function funnel has found. It will probably take me a long time to get the hang of it. By the time I manage to, I'm sure microfunguy or someone else would have already solved the problem, but nonetheless its about time I started a bit of development myself, but yea, my motivation lies initially in getting this E32 error done away with.

Offline funnel

« Reply #37 on: 12 / August / 2011, 14:09:30 »
If you have a build with native calls enabled you can simply use a lua script.

Put this into a lua script and run it
Code: [Select]
call_func_ptr(0xFFE1991C)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #38 on: 12 / August / 2011, 14:32:45 »
Yes, I'm referring to CHDK-Shell.
Have you tried this site http://forum.chdk-treff.de/download.php ? It's CHDK-DE's download page. You can find the latest CHDK-shell there. v3.30 is a "full" version, v3.33 is the latest update for it.
If not even that works, maybe somebody with an ftp-server or write access to the assembla.com chdk-repo could help.
Where are the latest sources for your camera? I haven't managed to find SDM's latest changes, maybe you need to ask Microfunguy for it.

@funnel: SDM doesn't support lua.
« Last Edit: 12 / August / 2011, 14:40:13 by srsa_4c »

Offline sh1981

« Reply #39 on: 12 / August / 2011, 15:14:19 »
If you have a build with native calls enabled you can simply use a lua script.

Put this into a lua script and run it
Code: [Select]
call_func_ptr(0xFFE1991C)

Can this be done with a uBASIC script?