How can I shoot without the lenses? - page 5 - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum  

How can I shoot without the lenses?

• 121 Replies

Offline funnel

Re: How can I shoot without the lenses?
« Reply #40 on: 12 / August / 2011, 15:27:54 »
Advertisements
No, lua only.

Offline sh1981

« Reply #41 on: 12 / August / 2011, 15:53:54 »
Yes, I'm referring to CHDK-Shell.
Have you tried this site http://forum.chdk-treff.de/download.php ? It's CHDK-DE's download page. You can find the latest CHDK-shell there. v3.30 is a "full" version, v3.33 is the latest update for it.
If not even that works, maybe somebody with an ftp-server or write access to the assembla.com chdk-repo could help.
Where are the latest sources for your camera? I haven't managed to find SDM's latest changes, maybe you need to ask Microfunguy for it.

@funnel: SDM doesn't support lua.

Yes its downloading, cheers :)
A proud owner of Canon IXUS 105

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #42 on: 12 / August / 2011, 16:48:28 »
Here's what I did for the latest SDM (1.85) available. I have defined that firmware function in /platform/ixus105/sub/100d/stubs_entry_2.S, and in a couple of other places. See the attached patch for details. If somebody wants to apply it, copy it into the SDM source's root then execute
Code: [Select]
patch -p1 <sdm-mod-err32-ixus105.diff there (never used CHDK-shell, I can only hope, "patch" is available).
It's only meant for this experiment, executes DisableISDriveError() at the beginning of spytask (before it starts to loop).

@sh1981: unfortunately, SDM 1.85 doesn't contain the fixes your version (1.86?) already has.

@Microfunguy: /platform/generic/shooting.c has backslashes in the #include directives at the beginning. While this works for the windows gcc build, it doesn't on anything else.

« Reply #43 on: 12 / August / 2011, 19:17:32 »
OK, here it is applied to my current code http://www.zshare.net/download/93619589b94f3f28/

Offline sh1981

« Reply #44 on: 13 / August / 2011, 08:58:28 »
OK, here it is applied to my current code http://www.zshare.net/download/93619589b94f3f28/

YES! It worked! It worked!!!! :D

Theres a slight problem though. Remember how I told you I turn on my camera by flicking the power on button and then continuously pressing FUNC/SET until it opened in PLAY mode, then I half pressed shoot to get into RECORD MODE.

Well for some reason, now if I flick the power button, it opens in PLAY mode but keeps on recycling, as in turning off on its own and on and off n on.

The only way, or brute force way, I can turn the cam on is by keeping power on button pressed, but on first go it jams the lens, then I keep it pressed again and it turns on fine.

Basically turning on the cam has become harder now.

Also is there any way to test IMAGE STABILIZATION? I cant really tell if its gone.

Anyway thank you so much MICROFUNGUY, FUNNEL and to SRSA_4C for the patch. Gonna go out and celebrate with a pint of ...pepsi tonight! lol whoo hoo!!!!

Edit:

Carried out a bit of further testing.

Image Stablization indeed seems to be shot, my method of testing was to zoom in full and then take continuous shots. There was literally no difference between those with IS on and those with IS off. I suppose its gone, I can live with that.

The E32 error popped up 2 times, both times I was taking continuous shots. It happened very randomly. On 4 occassions I managed to run camera for extremely long times. I even made a video for 20 minutes and then took continuous shots until battery ran out. Why the E32 error popped up 2 times, I cant really say, it was very much, random therefore not a bother.

Will test it again after battery is charged, but so far since I mananged to make a 20 minute video and a 9 minute one as well, I'd say it does the job very well! :)
« Last Edit: 13 / August / 2011, 09:58:25 by sh1981 »

« Reply #45 on: 13 / August / 2011, 14:11:21 »
This version disables IS after 30 seconds http://www.zshare.net/download/93648513c29f5fab/

Offline sh1981

« Reply #46 on: 13 / August / 2011, 14:14:17 »
The problem I mentioned of camera not turning on, well, I 'discovered' that in P mode if I set to LOW LIGHT mode prior to turning cam off, it seems to turn on fine by keeping on button pressed. Alternatively starting the cam in MOVIE mode also turns it on fine, flawlessly everytime by keeping button pressed.

Sorted!

Took over 800 photos in continuous mode, made few more movies, left cam on for an hour, no E32.

It did pop up once though, when I was fiddling around with SDM menu. Does not seem to appear at all when out of SDM menu. Note that it does NOT in 99% of case pop up in SDM menu, it does not pop up out of ALT menu at all!

Therefore @microfunguy, not only have you and the guys here have solved this problem, but also the camera startup problem!

Image stab certainly seems to be gone, looking into making or getting an external gyro stablizer, though I dont really need it.

Offline sh1981

« Reply #47 on: 13 / August / 2011, 14:18:16 »
This version disables IS after 30 seconds http://www.zshare.net/download/93648513c29f5fab/

Arrite cheers... ill try this version out soon, gotta get my wife online and download it for me, zshare doesnt seem to work here for some reason, quite a pain.

Offline sh1981

« Reply #48 on: 13 / August / 2011, 14:26:26 »

Works like a charm so far!

So this version disables IS after 30 seconds or disables that ISDriveError after 30 seconds?

« Reply #49 on: 13 / August / 2011, 15:04:19 »

So this version disables IS after 30 seconds or disables that ISDriveError after 30 seconds?

disables  ISDriveError