IXUS 115 HS / ELPH 100 HS request - page 4 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS 115 HS / ELPH 100 HS request

• 538 Replies
Re: IXUS 115 HS / ELPH 100 HS request
« Reply #30 on: 01 / October / 2011, 03:09:10 »
Advertisements
Thanks a bunch for supporting this camera.

I have the 1.01A which is the same as one of the earlier posters.

I find that although optical zoom now works for videos, it seems while I am
able to zoom in, I am not able to zoom out. So the camera gets stuck in the
zoomed position. This does not apply to the digital zoom. For example, I
am able to zoom in beyond 4.0x into 5.0x and above using the digital zoom.
I can get back to 4.0x by unzooming but get stuck once I get the optical unzoom
at 4.0x. I hope I am making myself clear here.

Thanks,

Advant

« Reply #31 on: 01 / October / 2011, 23:35:29 »
I find that although optical zoom now works for videos, it seems while I am
able to zoom in, I am not able to zoom out. So the camera gets stuck in the
zoomed position. This does not apply to the digital zoom. For example, I
am able to zoom in beyond 4.0x into 5.0x and above using the digital zoom.
I can get back to 4.0x by unzooming but get stuck once I get the optical unzoom
at 4.0x. I hope I am making myself clear here.
This is a know problem with some newer cameras.  It was fixed on the G12 and SX30.  Link to a forum thread here : http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5051.msg68943#msg68943
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #32 on: 02 / October / 2011, 22:15:30 »
Couple of things I've found:
-I have 101b and the video crashes as soon as it starts (using CHDK)
-Setting "super fine" did not make the pictures any higher quality.
-RAW files have nothing in them. I've tried processing it as was mentioned in other threads, but hex of the file shows all F's, so no data.
-Won't take RAW passed the first picture (not that it works anyways...)

So far I am able to load CHDK and change settings. Beyond that...nothing.
I'm using an 8GB card (SanDisk Ultra II SDHC Class 6), loading using the ALT menu method.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I'm new to this software, so all I know is what I've read on this thread, and in the FAQ. Thanks!

Hi!

2Jickelsen - I'll check once again code, referring to video. I think everything wil be ok.
2kevdog32 - Oh, looks like I forgot to add zoom for 101a and 101b (I made it for my 100c) - my fault...( I'll fix it asap.

EDIT: added optical zoom in video for 101a and 101b, reuploaded new binaries at box.net.
Try to use video again on 101b hope it'll be work... If not, I'll go more deeply into the code.

Stay tuned!

John.

« Reply #33 on: 05 / October / 2011, 00:32:29 »
Welcome.

I have a big problem.  I buy camera IXUS 115 HS and i tried upgrade to CHDK. In EXIF of photos I read that Firmware Version is 1.0.0. Next I copy elph100hs_ixus115hs_ver_100c_alpha4_full.rar file on the Kingston SD 2GB card.  Memory card was not empty, but with photo. When I try start camera nothing happens - a black screen. After removing the card also nothing. I remove the battery for 5 hours and still nothing. What I am to do now? Can I upload firmware to my camera?

I need your HELP!
« Last Edit: 05 / October / 2011, 03:22:03 by flader »

« Reply #34 on: 05 / October / 2011, 04:28:32 »
Hi!

2advant
It's pretty strange, because I've tested zoom on my camera (1.00c) and this bug didn't appear (optical zoom works correctly), but there is another bug - only optical zoom works (no digital). I made some changes (thanks 2waterwingz) similar to sx30 and g12 and hope it'll help to break "the stuck" (in a few hours I'll post at box.net new version (alpha5))

2dotcom624
Hmm.. Video on 1.01b still not working, that's bad, because I've already checked all functions in movie_rec.c. Ok, I'll go deeply into code, and try to understand what is going wrong with video.
"Super fine" setting doesn't working just because there is no "super fine" quality in this camera. Just "normal" and "fine". I think in CHDK "super fine" can be chosen because sx220 has it (elph100 port based on that camera). I'll try to fix it in next releases.
In my RAW's there are normal data, not FF's. But I can't see this image, because ufraw, that I used doesn't understand RAW from this camera... I'll check the addresses of RAW buffer in your version, may be they are incorrect.
And the last problem for now I have no idea how to fix. Can someone mention why this bug occur?
Thank you for bugtracking!

2flader
You placed the whole arcive to sd card? If yes, CHDK will not start. First of all, you need to extract "PS.FI2" and/or "DISKBOOT.BIN" files from downloaded archive to sd card's root folder and only after that you can run CHDK. Visit this page for instructions.
And try other versions of CHDK for this camera, I'm not sure, that EXIF contains right fw version number.
If black screen appears when you starting camera with CHDK, just remove battery for a few seconds, and try another CHDK version.

Update: Uploaded alpha #5 to box.net. It should fix bug with optical zoom in video on 1.01ab and camera crahsing while video recording on 1.01b (found and fixed another one wrong func address in movie_rec.c). Pls check this fixes.

Stay tuned!

John.
« Last Edit: 05 / October / 2011, 11:14:51 by Just.J »

« Reply #35 on: 05 / October / 2011, 13:29:47 »
In EXIF of photos I read that Firmware Version is 1.0.0.
That's not your firmware version.  Read this : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Q._How_can_I_get_the_original_firmware_version_number_of_my_camera.3F

Next I copy elph100hs_ixus115hs_ver_100c_alpha4_full.rar file on the Kingston SD 2GB card. 
So you copied the file for firmware version 1.00c.    Why did you pick that version ?  And did you extract all the files to the SD card or simply copy the archive over ?

Memory card was not empty, but with photo.
Always risky to try something new - did you back them up to your PC first ?

When I try start camera nothing happens - a black screen. After removing the card also nothing. I remove the battery for 5 hours and still nothing. What I am to do now?
Did you check to see if you battery is still charged ?  Did you reformat the SD card and try that ?

Can I upload firmware to my camera?
No.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #36 on: 05 / October / 2011, 15:57:07 »
Thank's for your reply.

@Just.J  I read instruction to running CHDK. I extract 2 files: "PS.FI2" and "DISKBOOT.BIN" to root folder in my SD card.  I don't try other versions of CHDK, because my camera is dead. Could I damage my camera running wrong version of CHDK, or it should not be affected?  Black screen appears when I starts camera with or without SD card. I remove battery for 12 hour and nothing happens.

@waterwingz I choose 1.00c version CHDK, because I suggested the EXIF data from photos. I extract 2 files: "PS.FI2" and "DISKBOOT.BIN" to root folder in my SD card. My memory card with photos is still readed in the computer and I delete 2 files: "PS.FI2" and "DISKBOOT.BIN. I recharged battery to full and I tried start camera with or without SD card.

I need service manual for Canon Ixus 115 HS / Canon ELPH 100 HS
« Last Edit: 05 / October / 2011, 17:08:33 by flader »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #37 on: 05 / October / 2011, 17:47:13 »
...Black screen appears when I starts camera with or without SD card. I remove battery for 12 hour and nothing happens....
-> Does the camera start up, e.g. does any of the LED's blink ?

-> Any difference when you try to power on with the ON/OFF button or the PLAYBACK button [>] ?

-> There's a small switch in the battery containment to interrupt power when the door is open - check this switch, make sure the containment door is closed correctly...

« Reply #38 on: 05 / October / 2011, 17:58:31 »
Hello,
I am very happy that there is developement of CHDK for my camera.
I have firmware version 100C as camera_version shows me. Is there any other way, how to make sure version is 100C? ver.req or vers.req seems not working on my camera.
I am asking because CHDK alpha 4 and 5 are both behaving quite strange.
I can load CHDK (automaticall or manually), but when loading I see just red rectangle with text, no logo above, and also some orange rectangle is blinking on the same location.
Zooming in video works and also it shows bitrate during recording. I also see battery percentage, time, temperature, ... in recording mode.
But biggest problem is I can't get to CHDK menu. I tried all keys but unsuccessfully. What key is for entering ALT mode on this camera?
I only can turn histogram on by pressing shutter half way and pressing down, but display then flickers with orange color.

I don't know if there is some problem with version or another problem. Or is this normal with this alpha?
Thanks

Stepan

« Reply #39 on: 05 / October / 2011, 18:18:25 »
@fe50  Thank's for your reply. Doesn't LED's blinks - camera doesn't start. No difference when ON/OFF button or the PLAYBACK button is pressed. Battery door is closed correctly.

Where on the mainboard can I find any fuse? Does anyone have a schema or service manual?