IXUS 115 HS / ELPH 100 HS request - page 10 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

IXUS 115 HS / ELPH 100 HS request

• 538 Replies
Re: IXUS 115 HS / ELPH 100 HS request
« Reply #90 on: 24 / December / 2011, 17:40:12 »
Advertisements
I tried it again .. but it does not work...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/ixus115.jpg

please chk the attached above image.
1. first i clicked on the play botton to switch on the  Camera in Preview Mode.
2. Click on Zoom in + Function Set botton.
3. Click on Menu botton.

still noting comes up..
Please help...
You did not answer my question about whether you see the CHDK logo when you start your camera ?

Regardless, you have two options here. 

The first is to use the "firmware update" method.  See page 10 in this guide :
link> CHDK Installation Guide

The second is to format your card so that it is bootable.  See page 7 in the guide I posted above.

Some other things you might find usefull are here :

link> CHDK User Manual
link> CHDK for Dummies
link> CHDK Wiki FAQ
link> CHDK UserGuide April 2009
link> CHDK Firmware Usage
link> One Page Users Guide
link> CHDK in Brief

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #91 on: 25 / December / 2011, 01:27:33 »
Hello all,

I've been using CHDK for a while now, on several different cameras over the years.  I just picked up an ELPH 100HS this past black friday and have been enjoying it stock for a while.  I installed this version of CHDK (firmware C alpha 5) on my camera fine and activated it OK- no problems there.  However none of the photo overrides work, except in one specific case.  If I set some photo overrides, then turn the camera off and back on, the first photo taken will have the overrides in effect, the rest will not until I restart the camera again.

Also, the scripts all seem to hang after two shots.  Both the standard "Ultra Intervalometer' and a simple one I wrote both stop taking shots after the second photo.  I'm not sure if it's always two shots, or if it's just a coincidence with the timing.

I've heard that version A doesn't suffer from these bugs, and I hoping that these clues might lead to a fix for version C eventually. 

Thanks.

« Reply #92 on: 25 / December / 2011, 17:22:26 »
Hi - I've used CHDK on a previous camera as well. I also just got an ELPH 100 HS on Black Friday, and was very pleased to see this under development.

I have firmware 1.0.1c, and I did get the 1.0.1b firmware working via the update method. However, like the previous poster, both intervalopmeter scripts stop after 2 pictures.

Let me know if I can help with the debugging!

« Reply #93 on: 25 / December / 2011, 19:58:48 »
I've heard that version A doesn't suffer from these bugs, and I hoping that these clues might lead to a fix for version C eventually. 

Hi - I've used CHDK on a previous camera as well. I also just got an ELPH 100 HS on Black Friday, and was very pleased to see this under development.
Hopefully somebody who owns the same camera model as you will step up and work on this.  However,  here's the standard disclaimer about CHDK development so that you understand the process :

link> CHDK FAQ : My camera isn't ported yet
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #94 on: 26 / December / 2011, 06:27:34 »
Sorry for my dissapearing, last monthes I've no time for CHDK development. Here I attach latest sources for this model. Hope someone will help me with development (sources based on sx220hs port, 1304 trunk).

Some useful thing that I found:

Bug with "only first RAW" capturing - this is big problem because trigger raw_data_available works only once (after 1 picture), then it never appears, because our capt_seq_task() (platform/sub/100c/capt_seq.c) function stops it's work till next CHDK restart.
I think the problem is in initialization process in boot.c, or may be after every single photo camera restarts capt_seq_tast() (of course without our injections), or may be after first picture camera go away from this function to anoter with similar functionality (exept, of course, our injections).

I need your opinions about this problem, because I've no idea how to fix it.

« Reply #95 on: 26 / December / 2011, 23:52:14 »
Thanks for posting your work so far, Just.J!

« Reply #96 on: 28 / December / 2011, 18:03:19 »
I bought this camera yesterday and have firmware version 1.01c

Others in this thread have had some luck running chdk with the 1.01b release as have I but would love a more fully functioning experience.

I have dumped the 1.01c firmware

https://www.box.com/s/i25cyzntthrf5ezeiggv

and hopefully Just.J will be able to help me get a version working for this firmware.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #97 on: 28 / December / 2011, 21:39:56 »
Others in this thread have had some luck running chdk with the 1.01b release as have I but would love a more fully functioning experience.
Generally speaking, either it works with a given Canon firmware or it doesn't. If the 101b version works on 101c, a 101c version isn't going to be "more fully functioning". In theory, it's possible that CHDK would load with specific functions broken, but it's quite unlikely and AFAIK this has never happened yet.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #98 on: 29 / December / 2011, 00:40:22 »
Sorry for my dissapearing, last monthes I've no time for CHDK development. Here I attach latest sources for this model. Hope someone will help me with development (sources based on sx220hs port, 1304 trunk).

Some useful thing that I found:

Bug with "only first RAW" capturing - this is big problem because trigger raw_data_available works only once (after 1 picture), then it never appears, because our capt_seq_task() (platform/sub/100c/capt_seq.c) function stops it's work till next CHDK restart.
I think the problem is in initialization process in boot.c, or may be after every single photo camera restarts capt_seq_tast() (of course without our injections), or may be after first picture camera go away from this function to anoter with similar functionality (exept, of course, our injections).

I need your opinions about this problem, because I've no idea how to fix it.

I just bought this camera for X-mas and I have to thank you very much. I still haven't tried your CHDK port but it's awesome that you're working on it. I've got no programming skills so I can't help but I really appreciate the hard work you're putting into this.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #99 on: 29 / December / 2011, 07:40:01 »
Added the
  • IXUS 115HS / ELPH 100HS 1.01C
full 8MB dump (dumped with cBasic udumper) provided by danielmakana from this forum post to the box.net/chdk repository.

Dump ist almost identical to 1.01b, only 2 differences:
* 101b is for the european market ("Canon IXUS 115 HS" identification), 101c is the US version ("Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS")
* Canon fixed a typo in german GUI language: "Nauchtaufn." becomes "Nachtaufn." :D