IXUS 115 HS / ELPH 100 HS request - page 51 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

IXUS 115 HS / ELPH 100 HS request

• 538 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: IXUS 115 HS / ELPH 100 HS request
« Reply #500 on: 27 / October / 2012, 07:42:37 »
Advertisements
CAM_SHOW_OSD_IN_SHOOT_MENU can be found as a #define in CHDK source code (platform/ixus115_elph100hs/platform_camera.h), but it's commented out currently. This causes that when AF lock is activated (AFL shown on screen), CHDK display will disappear.

AF lock can only be activated when "servo AF" is turned off in the Canon menu.

As the camera doesn't have a regular movie mode, you'll need the AF lock for SD override to function.

« Reply #501 on: 27 / October / 2012, 09:37:30 »
Oh no. I have probleem with my ixus 115. Optica doesnt close. :(

« Reply #502 on: 27 / October / 2012, 10:51:41 »
Does it give you an error message on the LCD ?

This site is probably the best I've found when the lens gets stuck :

http://camerarepair.blogspot.com/2007/12/fixing-lens-error-on-digital-camera.html

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #503 on: 28 / October / 2012, 06:10:10 »
Does it give you an error message on the LCD ?

This site is probably the best I've found when the lens gets stuck :

http://camerarepair.blogspot.com/2007/12/fixing-lens-error-on-digital-camera.html
Thank you for this link!!! :)
Yes it gives me an error message (It is about I am having a problem with optic and I need to restart my camera.) Is it saying something to you?

« Reply #504 on: 28 / October / 2012, 06:42:30 »
ps While it is trying to open optic it is ticking like a clock.

« Reply #505 on: 28 / October / 2012, 09:47:18 »
ps While it is trying to open optic it is ticking like a clock.
This usually means that some part of the optics mechanism is broken / missalligned / jammed.   A small piece of sand is enough to do that.  Or a slight bump on the lens when it is open.  There are a lot of very small parts built to be inexpensive in a P&S camera lens.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #506 on: 28 / October / 2012, 10:08:58 »
What is it, trying to open (as in your second post) or trying to close (as in 1st post)? What happened to the camera? In what position was it stuck the first time and what did you do to try to correct it? Use any force?

If you can answer these questions i can give more detailed instructions to (try to) fix the problem.
My experience is that most of the time you will have to disassemble the lens unit. Its not hard to do but very fiddly and chances are that you will damage either the flex cables to the sensors or the plastic lens cages/gears..

4x and 5x zoom lenses;
- remove lcd
- remove lens unit (screws/ flex cables to the main pcb), watch out for the flash board as you can get a very unpleasant shock if you touch the wrong part. You can remove the entire flash unit by unscrewing one screw and unclipping one flex cable and pulling the focus assist led out of its clip.
- locate the focus motor (its backside is pointed in the same direction as the lens) follow the connection from the motor, you will see a connection to a sensor. Remove the sensor by cutting trhough the glue around the edge(s) and prying it out (danger of cutting the flex cable). Unscrew the focus motor (one screw) and lift it out. Be careful not to loose the small white plastic fork at the end of its axis.
- locate the zoom motor (only other and bigger motor) it will have 2 sensors attached to its flex cables. Remove the top sensor and leave the bottom one in it place.
- Some lenses have a third sensor that needs to be removed, see if you can find this sensor near the zoom motor on the lens housing. Remove it if you can see it.
- Detach the flex cable for the shutter/IS that is exiting the lens barrel (it is connected to the flex cable that leads to the zoom motor). On some cameras this cable is soldered (use soldering wick), on others you can disconnect easily by opening a clip on the connector
- unscrew any screws from the lens base (not the 3 screws for the sensor!)
- Wiggle the lens and see if its is free, if so remove it by lifting up the side closest to the zoom motor first and then pulling it away side ways (there is a clip preventing a simple pull away near the focus motor). If the lens is not yet free find the clips holding the assembly and pry them free.
- Inspect the lens mechanism: try to keep all parts together at first. Use a nail or screwdriver to move the outer lens at the gear around the outside barrel (where the zoom motor drive the assembly). If you can open/close the lens by hand the problem is in the gears from the zoom motor or in the focus mechanism.
If you suspect a problem disassemble the lens, move lens towards it closed position, turn it a little beyond its closed position and all barrrels are free to be removed. Try to remember the positions (never works with me), clean barrels and reassemble.
Leave the lens in opened/fully extended position when done fiddling ;)
- Inspect the gears from the zoom motor: if not yet removed (see wiggle lens above) remove the top cover of the gear section, remove and clean the gears; sand will jam the gears easily. Reassemble.
- Inspect the focus assembly: the focus lens is attached to the base plate with a spring and 2 sliding posts. Sometimes the focus lens is forced off the 2nd post by impact. If so push it back on its post. Check movement by pushing it towards the sensor. If it springs back then it is ok.

- Reassemble unit and pray ;)
-- put lens back on its base (still fully extended)
-- put screws back
-- put sensors near the zoom motor back (push them back on the glue, most of the time it will stick again)
-- screw white plastic fork to the end of the axis on the focus motor, leave 1-1.5mm of the axis sticking out. Put focus motor back while plastic fork is aligned with the small post on the focussing plate. Screw it in place, re-attach sensor.
-- connect the shutter/is flex cable
-- put lens assembly back in camera
-- assemble the rest of the camera
-- pray and fire it up ;)
« Last Edit: 28 / October / 2012, 10:19:55 by casrap »

« Reply #507 on: 02 / November / 2012, 20:29:42 »
... and once more the warning: beware of the capacitor for the flash!! see also:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=2844.msg74310#msg74310

Ruedi
Ixus 115 HS / firmw.1.01b - using and testing the new beta - CHDK-beginner - Europe

« Reply #508 on: 04 / November / 2012, 08:29:57 »
casrap, waterwingz
Thank you, but I decided not to risk with it so I paid to another man to repair it.
« Last Edit: 04 / November / 2012, 11:23:05 by SamMoshenko »

RAW
« Reply #509 on: 10 / November / 2012, 11:15:36 »
Sorry if I have too many problems ::) But I have another one :) Manual bad pixel removal doesnt work. It is set on Averag. BadPixel.bin is created. My chdk is 1.1.0-2222 Oct 20 2012 101b.
When I open .raw file it is filled with a lots of black pixels. :(
« Last Edit: 10 / November / 2012, 11:17:28 by SamMoshenko »