Can't see script files on my card - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum  

Can't see script files on my card

• 1 Replies
Can't see script files on my card
« on: 11 / September / 2011, 21:23:31 »
Advertisements
I am new to CHDK, but I was able to load and run it on to my SD600 camera without any issues.  Now I want to try running a script.  When I select Scripting Parameters->Load Script From File..., the A:/CHDK/SCRIPTS directory is displayed, but no files are listed in the directory contents even though I know that files are actually there.  Andif I change directories, I can see the various directory names, but all of the directories (e.g., BOOKS, CURVES, etc) show up as empty as well.

I thought perhaps the filenames needed to be all uppercase, so I copies a script file to a name that was all caps, but it still doesn't appear.

I couldn't find others with this issue, but am sure hoping it has a simple answer...

Thanks,
Dave

Offline zeno

Re: Can't see script files on my card
« Reply #1 on: 12 / September / 2011, 04:41:07 »
You don't say, but if your card has two partitions (e.g. it's bigger than 4GB) then you may have put the CHDK script folder in the wrong partition. DISKBOOT.BIN is the only file that should be in the small (FAT16) partition, everything else - photos and CHDK scripts - go in the large FAT32 partition.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit