Time Lapse - Cloudy Sky #3 - CHDK on a Canon Powershot A590
    « Reply #10 on: 25 / September / 2011, 21:34:27 »
    Advertisements
    Time Lapse - Cloudy Sky #3 - CHDK on a Canon Powershot A590

• Publish
    Re: EphemeralRift's CHDK-on-his-A590 thread
    « Reply #12 on: 03 / October / 2011, 15:57:29 »
    What do you mean by "time remapping"?

Time remapping is a process in post production where you can use an editable curve to dynamically change the playback speed of an image sequence faster or slower to accentuate a specific part of a video. This time remapping effect is most often used in entertainment where you see part of a video switch from normal speed to either "super slow mo" or "high speed" and then back to real-time.
    Canon SD780IS

• Publish
    Re: EphemeralRift's CHDK-on-his-A590 thread
    « Reply #13 on: 26 / October / 2011, 09:04:48 »
    What do you mean by "time remapping"?

Time remapping is a process in post production where you can use an editable curve to dynamically change the playback speed of an image sequence faster or slower to accentuate a specific part of a video. This time remapping effect is most often used in entertainment where you see part of a video switch from normal speed to either "super slow mo" or "high speed" and then back to real-time.

Ahhh, Now I understand! Thanks! I'll have to give that a try sometime...

• Publish
    Re: EphemeralRift's CHDK on an A590 & G12 thread
    « Reply #15 on: 29 / November / 2011, 19:53:06 »
    With Winter approaching there's not a lot of "exciting" skies and the change in angle of the earth to the sun has caused the sun to  be more in view of my camera and I don't want to burn out my sensor. So I'll need to take a break from cloudy sky time lapse videos for a bit it seems.

The video below isn't all that "exciting" except for the "gem" which lends to the title of this video. I was quite pleasantly surprised when discovering it as I reviewed the photos.

"Fire Clouds" - Time Lapse Photography of Cloudy Sky with Didgeridoo Improv - HD

• Publish
    « Reply #16 on: 29 / November / 2011, 20:20:17 »
    I love the amazing sunset colours you captured in your latest timelapse! The sky really does look like it is on fire.
    Canon SD780IS

• Publish
    « Reply #18 on: 28 / February / 2012, 18:36:47 »
    Hi EphemeralRift.

That is a great time-lapse movie! I really enjoyed seeing all of the plastic parts assembled into finished lego models. Also, I'm sure you and your son had a fun time putting it all together.
    Canon SD780IS

• Publish
    « Reply #19 on: 29 / February / 2012, 12:34:33 »
    Hi EphemeralRift,
    I like your time lapse videos.   I'd like to try it myself. 

May I ask a stupid question: How do you get the images into VirtualDub?  I thought that program needed a video source.  Assuming there is some way to get pictures into it is it possible to do a slow fade from one image to another?  Any way to do pan and zooms?

Thanks,
    Jon