the collaborative CHDK build - page 21 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

the collaborative CHDK build

• 249 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: the collaborative CHDK build
« Reply #200 on: 22 / September / 2008, 06:31:50 »
Advertisements
Apart from the boot logo, in SDM I have omitted or moved the items you mention.

I am tempted to remove all RAW support, in my opinion the disadvantages outweigh the arguable  'advantages'.

I doubt if very many stereo photographers will complain.

My philosophy is to remove as much as possible.

That is why the 'sister' programme 'StereoPhoto Maker' is so successful, users say that certain alternative programmes have too many features to be easily usable for real-life practical photography.

okay, first 4 sentences refer to SDM, right? riiight? the last sentence refers to an actual windows program, which i was not aware of before this issue was raised. quickly read ,this reads as "stereo data maker" instead of "stereo photo maker", also "sister program" sounds like "sister to chdk". also, the last sentence fits perfectly into your first 4 sentences, talking about real-life practical photography, which makes sense if used in a in-camera program, more sense in a windows-program. anyways, this is nitpicking.

i doubt hacki's understanding of english is better than most americans, if it is - my bad.

OTOH, you might want to hang on a build or two, I have another 10-15k of easy fat to trim without touching any features
cool! by the way checked latest autobuild on my s3is vs. old version, memory info even shows there is LESS memory free now. hm, so either meminfo doesnt show more than 999.999 bytes or the new stuff (lua) increased iso size considerably big. will do some more testing. gotta get home first though.

« Last Edit: 22 / September / 2008, 06:34:45 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline pethead

• Canon S5 IS
    • Canon S5 IS Community
« Reply #201 on: 22 / September / 2008, 07:06:20 »
with latest build #523 I have good integrating my timestamp and run it at camera very well! :) thanks reyalp.
canons5is.clan.su Allbest+ with timestamp features

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #202 on: 22 / September / 2008, 08:12:55 »
FWIW, I've been unable to find a TX-1 100g dump.

I can upload it tomorrow.

Adding tetris costs ??  :D

I love tetris in camera since my old A75  :)

Even in new build odge overlay still not working (camera freezes at shooting). After half-press edge overlay image does not coincide with live image at bottom of screen (maybe because for A710 vid_get_viewport_height()=230 and vid_get_bitmap_buffer_height()=240).

edit: I use CHDK logo as usual camera startup image - high image quality and no CHDK resources required.
« Last Edit: 22 / September / 2008, 08:21:44 by ewavr »

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
« Reply #203 on: 22 / September / 2008, 10:33:37 »
is the timestamp feature available for A710? maybe even in this collaborative build?

Offline pethead

• Canon S5 IS
    • Canon S5 IS Community
« Reply #204 on: 22 / September / 2008, 11:01:19 »
is the timestamp feature available for A710? maybe even in this collaborative build?
yes.
here is pre-release
Index of /CHDK/0.5.4/

/SYMBOLS/icon_10.rbf must be overwritten for newer icons of timestamp menu.

all other bins will be added...
« Last Edit: 22 / September / 2008, 11:08:26 by pethead »
canons5is.clan.su Allbest+ with timestamp features

Offline reyalp

« Reply #205 on: 22 / September / 2008, 16:02:28 »
Even in new build odge overlay still not working (camera freezes at shooting).
Code: [Select]
    viewport_height = vid_get_viewport_height();
viewport_width = screen_width * 3;
    viewport_size = viewport_height * screen_width;
if(imgbuf == 0) imgbuf = malloc(viewport_size * 3);
> 700k  :o Even with the old build you mentioned, you are 300k short.
Oops. make that 250k, which should be possible.
(maybe because for A710 vid_get_viewport_height()=230 and vid_get_bitmap_buffer_height()=240)
    return ((mode_get()&MODE_MASK) == MODE_PLAY)?240:230;
This seems strange, what is the reason for it ?
« Last Edit: 22 / September / 2008, 16:10:04 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #206 on: 22 / September / 2008, 16:26:21 »
    return ((mode_get()&MODE_MASK) == MODE_PLAY)?240:230;
This seems strange, what is the reason for it ?
This is question for Canon developers... 230 lines in record mode for A710 is reality...
Zebra is trasformed to match live image (maybe this code in gui_osd.c):
for (s=0, y=1, v=0; y<=viewport_height; ++y) {
<skip>
 if (y*screen_height/viewport_height == (s+screen_buffer_width)/screen_buffer_width) {
<skip>
}
}

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
« Reply #207 on: 22 / September / 2008, 17:35:37 »
yes.
here is pre-release
Index of /CHDK/0.5.4/

/SYMBOLS/icon_10.rbf must be overwritten for newer icons of timestamp menu.

all other bins will be added...

can't applaud you again I did that a few hours ago. thanks, great job. :)

« Reply #208 on: 22 / September / 2008, 19:35:04 »
[admin: avoid swearing please]!
Ya know, I just want manual focus on my damned TX-1. I've been asking for this for many months, now. David, you have it, and Phox, you have the build I want to use.
The more I see of any dialog between the two of you, the farther away I feel from ever getting...
MANUAL FOCUS CAPABILITY ON MY TX-!!!

Both of you took the time to respond to each other's pettiness, but neither one of you even acknowledged my question.
This is not progress, folks.
« Last Edit: 22 / September / 2008, 20:10:50 by Psychokitty »
Whoa-Hey! Careful where you point that thing. You're gonna shoot someone!

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/DoF_Stacking

Offline reyalp

« Reply #209 on: 22 / September / 2008, 20:23:00 »
Another day, another 10k (changeset #524):
* made ubasic eat up to 100 labels or REMs in one call to ubasic_run, rather than taking 10ms each
- from testing, 100 is very safe. We could probably raise it a lot, but how often do you have 100 rems and labels with no code ? See attached for my REM and label benchmarks :)
* made script buffer dynamic, allocated when script is loaded
 - This cuts 8k from CHDK size, and reduces memory usage by up to this much if you have a smaller script loaded. To load the default script (=maximum memory saving) make a zero byte file and load that.
 - This also removes the 8k script size limit. remtst.bas  demonstrates this. It's not clear what the next ubasic limit would be (aside from available memory), but 32k or 64k lines will probably break, since shorts are used for line numbers in some places.
 - We could change things so the script only loads when you actually run it, rather than when selected. This would reduce average memory usage, but make script startup slower.
 - in the case of lua, we can pre-compile the script and free the text. (you can in fact build lua without the compiler, and then compile on your PC and run on the target... might be worth looking into if people want maximum free memory with lua. would need some work.)
 - ubasic scripts could be made more compact at load time in a number of ways, such as discarding rems and extra whitespace.
* made some other script related memory dynamic
- saves another 2k

Note there are some oddities in script parameter set saving. I'm not sure if it is broken, or I just don't understand the logic of when they are supposed to be saved or not. I have not changed this. Running the script appears to cause them to be saved every time.

I've encountered a crash while deleting highlighted files in the file browser. This is not related to the above commit, as it also happens in the prior build.

Another unrelated bug. If you run a non-md script after running an MD script, the grid is still shown.
« Last Edit: 22 / September / 2008, 20:24:58 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.