Hi all, i was following the instructions here http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/350D
, and i suddenly found out that my 8GB CF card can't be bootable
. Somehow, i need two partitions
, a large FAT32
partition and a small (circa 2mb) FAT16
bootable partition (However, i read somewhere that now FAT32 can be bootable
:S). That's how, in the middle of the process, i realized i can't go on until i perform a proper partition to my CF card.
I found many explanations, but im not sure how to proceed, since many suggestions are made for older versions of this software you are developing, or for SD cards. For this reason, i prefer to open a thread so that any of you can tell me how to proceed within the latest developments. I read many guys seriously troubled their cameras...
Camera MUST be firmware ver 1.0.3!Edit
1. Format your CF card (may need to be FAT16). Copy scanled.fir  to the card.
2. Insert CF to camera and run firmware update from the bottom choice of the 5th Menu setup screen. Screen will show "CF card containing firmware is required to update". Wait for blue LED to light steady. Wait another 30 seconds.
3. Turn off camera and take battery out and back in. Leave it off.
4. Insert CF card in card reader. Run Cardtricks and select the CF card by clicking on the picture of a memory card. Format the card in Cardtricks using the format button.
5. Check "CF boot sector" at the bottom right of the Cardtricks screen and then click "make bootable." Cardtricks will tell you to switch on the 'write protect switch'. CF cards do not have this, so don't worry about it.
6. Copy the autoexec.bin in all_in_infov2  into the root directory to the CF card, i.e. X:\autoexec.bin - not into any subdirectory.
7. Insert CF in the camera. If the camera is booting from the card the Blue LED will flash.
, my problem. It seems that CF cards above 4GB aren't bootable.
How can i make it bootable in a safe way? UPDATE
: I found that the 1.45 version of CardTricks
can do, apparently, what im needing. Is that true?
Just to point out again my conditions, im currently at the 4th step
of the main guide, and i have a 8GB CF card. And i'm somewhat noob. And, my canon firmware version is 1.0.3
, as it is suggested in the guide.