CHDK unrelated stuff (offtopic) - General Chat - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK unrelated stuff (offtopic)

• 2 Replies

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
CHDK unrelated stuff (offtopic)
« on: 03 / December / 2007, 11:29:40 »
Advertisements
I'm thinking there should be a subforum of CHDK unrelated stuff especially for those that can't create dpreview accounts (like me)

1. Just out of curiosity: are there any other cameras out there except Canon (not that I would want any) that benefit from this kind of software "add-on"?

2. Are the SD pins inside the cameras sturdy enough? (asking those that have had A-series for a longer time). Cause I seem to be moving the SD from inside the camera to the card reader pretty often and I wouldn't want to have those pins not make contact anymore.

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
Re: CHDK unrelated stuff (offtopic)
« Reply #1 on: 03 / December / 2007, 13:08:02 »
2. Are the SD pins inside the cameras sturdy enough? (asking those that have had A-series for a longer time). Cause I seem to be moving the SD from inside the camera to the card reader pretty often and I wouldn't want to have those pins not make contact anymore.
He-he...  :D
When I was in the active stage of CHDK development 8), I inserted and removed SD-card to/from my A610 hundred times a day. And camera slot still operates pretty well (I would say as a new).
But in the same time my USB card-reader (Pretec eDisc II) lost its cover, got a backlash and refuses to work sometimes (because SD-card not properly inserted).
CHDK Developer.

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
Re: CHDK unrelated stuff (offtopic)
« Reply #2 on: 03 / December / 2007, 16:08:11 »
that's good. recently I had a problem cause although my 133x Corsair drive is pretty fast (faster than my OCZ 150x) it has crappy plastic around the pins. its broken in multiple places and at one time the card got stuck after which the card stopper and the spring were not working anymore (something got stuck somewhere but eventually I've pulled it free).