Reassign Buttons - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Reassign Buttons

• 1 Replies
Reassign Buttons
« on: 01 / October / 2011, 18:07:26 »
Advertisements
I have canon a550. Yesterday I opened the camera case for cleaning but accidentally tear the shutter button flex so I couldn't zoom and take photos but other functions ok.

Replacement of the flex is too expensive therefore I use CHDK scripts for taking photos but this is not comfortable for me.

Is there a way to reassign buttons for example "DISP" button for zoom in, "MENU" button for zoom out, and "SET" button for taking photos?

Re: Reassign Buttons
« Reply #1 on: 01 / October / 2011, 18:19:40 »
Is there a way to reassign buttons for example "DISP" button for zoom in, "MENU" button for zoom out, and "SET" button for taking photos?
You could write a script and set it to run automatically when the camera starts (as you don't have a shutter button to activate a script).  Use the is_key() function to detect key presses and activate what you want ( e.g. shoot()).   There are a lot of script examples of detecting key presses  - here's the first one I found searching the forum http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=1629.msg14733#msg14733
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16